• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
There are 2 people in one for Atsushi Itou.

One is the producer 伊藤敦 (see source for Samurai Girl RBHS and Shuffle, I can't find his name for DN Angel though.), the other is the animator 伊藤篤志 (Seen in the Noein credits, and also in Hachimitsu and Clover. Don't know about ROD and Gad Guard but I'm fairly sure it's the same person...).

Another one: Jun Katou

The producer is 加藤淳 (source for Chrno, source for Scrapped PRincess), the production runner is 加藤純.

Another case of duplicate persons:
Tokuyuki Matsutake and
Noriyuki Matsutake. Both are readings of 松竹徳幸. I think Noriyuki is the right reading...

Another one: Keisuke Sasagawa (correct), Seisuke Sasagawa and Keisuke Sasakawa.

The last 2 have practically the same role, just written in different ways (CGI supervision / director of 3d animation). That person is the same as the Keisuke Sasagawa from Mind Game - same kanji, same job, same company too. (some references: Princess Arete and Mind Game) I just put Sasagawa as correct for now since all the other 笹川s are Sasagawa and not Sasakawa... and I'm just making excuses >_>

Here's a bit of a different case. After watching Noein 12 and slobbering over the animation, I wanted to check out Ryoochimo Sawa.
Now, he has his own site where he mentioned doing BECK and Aquarion - and it's strongly hinted he did episode 19 because he said Utsunomiya's the best and Utsunomiya == episode 19.
Therefore Ryoochimo (Sawa) was in Beck and Aquarion 19.

Upon corellating the two, there are some names that are similar (e.g. 沓名健一 Kenichi Kutsuna, but he has his own website I believe), but the closest is 澤良輔 which also fits with the pen-name very closely.
Ryousuke Sawa was in Beck and Aquarion 19 also. Because of thta and also the name similarity, Ryoochimo (Sawa) = Ryousuke Sawa.

Ryoochimo Sawa was also in another episode of Aquarion, but there he was Ryoochimo Sawa. In ep 3 of Noein it was the same, but after that he was known as Ryoochimo, but it has to be the same person.

I've already added Ryousuke Sawa as the official name of Ryoochimo Sawa, but I want to make it such that Ryousuke Sawa is linked like how Yukana Nogami is linked to Yukana - so that in Beck/Aquarion (ep 19), he's listed *as* Ryousuke Sawa, but clicking on the name takes one to a page with Ryousuke Sawa and Ryoochimo Sawa. (Rather than all his credits being Ryoochimo, when it's not like that actually). Also so that if someone enters a credit for him, either one goes back to the same person.
So in a sense it's kind of 'merged'. Could this please be done? Thank you...

Yet another one:
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=35797
The kanji is for the Rozen maiden seiyuu, the animator is 後藤圭祐 as per this and the Blood+ ending credits.

Still another one:
Kazuyoshi Yanaginuma == Kazuyoshi Yaginuma
It should be Yaginuma since that's on his website.....
emory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Here are a couple. [Real Name] = [Aliases].

Jamieson Price (12807) = Taylor Henry (30948), Henry Taylor
Steven Jay Blum (4832) = Roger Canfield (3797), Richard Cardona (12850), Brandon Jeremy (23190), Andrew Watton (18037)

Now get ready for this one -

Philece Sampler (4142) = Vicky Green (48967), Lori Young (6846), Debbie Young (40140), Victoria Pryne (7926), Caren Love (31221), Debra Cunningham (3666), Jill Brown (38298), Sue Beth Arden (8275), Beth Sue Arden (12921)
Oniblow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Martine Rénier (bad)
Martine Régnier (correct)

same voice actress Wink
dfmisyourfriend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Kari Wahlgren (real name)

Renee Emerson*, Lucy Hudson, Jan Irving,Jennifer Jean, Kay Jemsen, Kay Jensen, Kay Jenson, Kara Wahlgreen, Kari Walgren, Kari Whalgren (aliaes)

*note Renee Emerson is listed as a voice actress in "Tenchi Muyo! GXP"
wao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Okay, here's an interesting one.

Yumi Arai, singer of the hit song Rouge no Dengon in Kiki's Delivery Service, is also Yumi Matsutouya as shown in the original entry. However, I added the 2nd entry because again I think it should be one of those things where you have 2 names in one entry (ala Yukana and Yukana Nogami). Why, because for one thing, Yumi Arai MARRIED (in December 1975) and then became Yumi Matsutouya - if she's represented as Yumi Matsutouya then she should be credited as it, but linked so that you know that she is the same as Yumi Arai. Rather than putting her as Yumi Arai everywhere.

Another thing, Yumi Matsutouya's husband is Masataka Matsutouya ....
Oniblow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote
about Tenkû no Escaflowne

3 different names for Van Fanel in French.
the correct name is Olivier Jankovic.
you can verify on IMDB Wink
wao

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
Youichi Oogami = Yoichi Ogami = Yoichi Ohkami

Needs to be split into 3: Hiroyuki Sasaki
And for once I have sources for all!!
One is the episode director 佐々木裕之 in Gaki Deka (misspelt as 佐々木浩之 in the first episode, but the prior spelling in all subsequent eps) as per this, one is the colouring dude 佐々木浩之 in Ginban Kaleidoscope as per This, and the Blood+ animation credit is what I added, trust me it's 佐々木啓之.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Alias: Edward Zilla and Jason Bigley

___

Alias: Steve Blum, Andrew Watton and Roger Canfield

___

Alias: Mike Forest, Alfred Thor and Russell Thor

___

Alias: Patrick Gilbert

___

Alias: Doug Rye

___

Alias: David Orosco, David Orozco and Gully Jimson

___

Alias: Kurt Strauss

___

Alias: Todd Crump and Sean Roberts

___

Alias: Francis C. Cole & Paul St. Peter

___

Alias: Midge Mayes

___

Alias: J.B Blanc
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
wao wrote:

Also, there's

Seiko Sayama
and
Kiyoko Sayama

Seiko has the kanji 佐山聖子 which could possibly be read as Kiyoko (seeing that 聖 can be Sei and Kiyo(shi)) However they are definitely the same. Here are sources for two credits for Kiyoko Sayama which are 佐山聖子

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/pretear/staff.html (director of Pretear)
http://www.c-able.ne.jp/~gd4jhdmg/kinryou/kinryou.html (director of Angel Sanctuary)

And notice for Saber Marionette J to X and Saber Marionette J, she's credited with both names for different things: one is for storyboard and episode director (Seiko Sayama) and one is for assistant director (Kiyoko Sayama). I'll eat my foot if they're not the same!!

I don't have a good reason for saying it's Seiko over Kiyoko except 1. my IME gets the right kanji for Seiko but not Kiyoko 2. Seiko's entry has kanji 3. This useful site says it's Seiko!

Well, I just sent an error report on this one, but I will also post here as I've found information that appears to clear up the Kiyoko/Seiko problem here. This site appears to be her official website, and the profile on it shows the reading of her given name as "Kiyoko".
wao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote
Yay!! If it's her official site then that settles it once and for all, then. Phew.

Meanwhile, Chizuko Kusu is most probably [url=http//animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=36984]Chizuko Kusunogi[/url] (hint: names, and jobs...) Haven't found a source yet though... I do want to watch Catnapped Sad

I believe the Tezuka Productions in-betweener in Aya Yoshida is 吉田綾 (see Metropolis , Astro Boy Shinsengumi, Unico , Jungle Taitei Leo, Ribon Senshi aka Princess Knight, Benkai and Ushiwakamaru credits) I think we can safely assume the Armitage movie inbetweener is the same person.

The scriptwriter for Hirohiro kun has the same kanji see Wikipedia, but it's quite possible it's the same person.

But the production runner is 吉田彩... see Satomi's site.

Last edited by wao on Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
InsaneLampshade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
Two duplicate's here:

Kenichi YOSHIDA
Ken'ichi YOSHIDA
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
adevyish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Mikiyo TSUDA
Taishi ZAOU

She has two pen names but it's the same person. Her site says so (basically), although I originally found this out from the fanlisting.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Master Luc wrote:

Alias: Todd Crump and Sean Roberts

The situation with "Sean Roberts" is a little complicated, since it was also used as an alias of Yuri Lowenthal in several titles.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
What about Todd Crump?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 144