• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
UK Premiere: Tiger and Bunny 1 - "All's Well That Ends Well."

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Now that's a nice way to kick things off!

Entertaining episode in what looks to be a very enjoyable series.
Reevothemusefan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Just Passing Through wrote:
Now that's a nice way to kick things off!

Entertaining episode in what looks to be a very enjoyable series.

I'm getting vibes from past super hero movies, it even reminded me of Jingle All the Way in a way.

The episode was fantastic and the setting looks very interesting. Can't wait to watch more.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was very entertaining. Smile I was very pleased with it. Can't wait for the next episode. Smile
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
This was a barrel of fun. I'll definitely be watching the rest.

I mean let's be realistic here, the whole set up is pretty cliched- -obviously the main character is going to miss his daughter's ice skating thing (or whatever it was), the producer will turn out to be evil, eventually the protagonist will convince the rest of the heroes to cast off their corporate shackles and go save the day......

And you know what, I'm fine with that. Sometimes cliches become that way for a reason.

(Also the gay stereotype guy is a bit unfortunate. He seemed really awesome when he came on screen at first, but the second he started talking I was rolling my eyes.)
MIBlackburn_d6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
This was a barrel of fun. I'll definitely be watching the rest.

I mean let's be realistic here, the whole set up is pretty cliched- -obviously the main character is going to miss his daughter's ice skating thing (or whatever it was), the producer will turn out to be evil, eventually the protagonist will convince the rest of the heroes to cast off their corporate shackles and go save the day......

And you know what, I'm fine with that. Sometimes cliches become that way for a reason.

(Also the gay stereotype guy is a bit unfortunate. He seemed really awesome when he came on screen at first, but the second he started talking I was rolling my eyes.)

This sums up my feelings exactly, fun if a little flawed. I'll definitely be watching the next episode.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:

I think Okama are a stereotype even within Japan and seem increasingly popular in anime of late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Valamist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I wasn’t really expecting all that much but I ended up really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Yes the plot seems a little predictable at places, but it has a good cast of characters and an interesting premise which I liked. It looks like it’s going to be a fun show so I will definitely continue watching Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1