• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Blowing Up the House

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what they do to GH's visuals as they don't mess with the characters who don't need it. Nerf Sky/Earth Spirts and Super Zur and we're good. Buff Han's unblockables!
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
So excited for L.A. Noire. I've been referring to it as L.A. Confidential: The Game since I first heard of it a few months ago. I hope the amount of driving/shooting is pretty low in comparison to the crime solving aspects, but trailers I've seen show about half-and-half...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quote
Guardian Heroes: I only ever heard about this game thanks to a very old game magazine (which I apparently no longer have since I can't seem to find it). I found it to be unique for its time, a Final Fight-esque fantasy brawler game that had MP and a level up system akin to RPGs. I still own a Saturn presently, but I had never put the time into looking for a copy of the game. It certainly seems interesting. I would like to try it if possible.

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs: Sadly, this is one show I missed through my childhood, so I have no idea about it at all. Incidentally, I never heard of Vytor either. Surprising since I have seen a lot of what made the 80s memorable. As for making it a DS game, well that depends on the demand. If no one company picks it up, then it's going to be a downloadable, and it will probably be recognized by long time fans or anime lovers in general.

UnchainBlades Rexx: Considering the sheer amount of voice and artist talent they got for this game, it should be a real killer in the RPG market. Of course, it coming here is a completely different story. I am interested in the main hero being a dragon originally (drawn by the artist for Shining Force EXA and voiced by Ichigo's seiyu). I hope he gets to change back into his true form as part of the gameplay (though I should know by now that when it comes to what I want with dragons in RPGs, I never get my wish Anime cry).

In Brief: It truly sucks when any business, be it a store or a company, has to fold because they just can't keep up in today's difficult times. In regards to Killaware, it's sad Lux-Pain had such an iffy translation. I can't understand why companies don't just get someone to proofread this stuff properly before it gets shipped out. Is it really that tough to look it all over before putting it out?

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
Heh, I first remember Jaleco from its first NES baseball game Bases Loaded. Man, I played that game so many times I memorized the fictitious baseball players' names.... Laughing
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
Guardian Heroes -- best as a party game. Worth picking up a multi-tap for the Saturn if you can find both the game AND multi-tap. Remember, the Saturn only has 2 built-in controller ports! If I remember correctly, the game does support up to 5 players with the multi-tap.

Otherwise, as a single person game, it's basically a slag-on scrolling fighter nowhere as sophisticated as a 1 Vs 1 fighting game SF-style. It gets tired fast... Not a game I recall being a huge favorite of mine and I still own the US release (and am not selling it in this economy!).

Then again, I never got the whole Treasure fanaticism, either. Their games are expensive because they're rare not because they were particularly popular and sold well in the US!

Yeah, I have a few collector's items there... Just never understood that whole $200+ business for some fairly mediocre games. Again, I know their market value... with how the economy is going now, you'd be lucky to get 2/3 of what some of these games went for just 2 years ago...
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote
After a lot of killing people throughout GTA 4 (or getting the dastardly achievement in Red Dead Redemption), I kinda always wanted to play the role of a cop at least once. All I had before were the two True Crime games that didn't really measure up, and then the third one was canceled a month before being released. So, I'm looking forward to this one.

I have my own idea for a modern one, but another time.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm still playing Lunar Silver Harmony and we have a game with an odd name who's art includes Toshiyuki Kubooka. The game looks interesting but I'm not into dungeon crawlers. To be honest I've never played them. I think the only reason I've ever avoided them was because of what they are a "dungeon crawler".

Guardian Heroes. I remember that game. A deadbeat of friends owned a copy. Really interesting game with nice animations. So good to see some of these old titles making their way to new players.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the eShop will arrive sooner than later. I've been looking to find more Game Boy games that I can play. And was it just me, or did I see that "Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth" for the Nintendo 64 from Treasure wasn't mentioned at all? Lol. Uh, hey, what's up with the actual page? Like, half-way through the entire thing changes to all bold print.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Forte-sama wrote:
Hopefully the eShop will arrive sooner than later. I've been looking to find more Game Boy games that I can play. And was it just me, or did I see that "Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth" for the Nintendo 64 from Treasure wasn't mentioned at all? Lol. Uh, hey, what's up with the actual page? Like, half-way through the entire thing changes to all bold print.
Same here. Can't wait to get MegaMan Legends 3 Preview Demo.

And Todd, no mention of SolCal V?
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Anybody else here ever play Treasure's N64 game "Mischief Makers"? Man I loved that game, got all the gold gems and everything! Laughing

I bring it up because that green-haired guy in the Guardian Heroes picture sorta reminds me of Marina Liteyears.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Guardian Heroes definitely has me interested.

I'm also interested in Namco saying Soulcalibur V is going to be set 17 years after IV with Sophitia's son being the hero
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
Anybody else here ever play Treasure's N64 game "Mischief Makers"? Man I loved that game, got all the gold gems and everything! Laughing

YES! That game rocks. Easily one of my all time favourites and a tragically under-appreciated gem. Even a lot of Treasure fans don't seem to know/like that game. It saddens me too since (as the column said) Treasure is revisiting a lot of their old franchises. No sequel for Mischief Makers though. Crying or Very sad
kazume

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
I remember Mischief Makers, truly a great and fun game. Easy in some stages but challenging in others, and the boss fights (Especially most of their second forms) were bad ass.

No sequel? Bad move I'd say, but then again, I don't work for Treasure, and that particular game may have had a lower fanbase than the ones they plan or planned on revisiting for all I know. I'm just your everyday uncommon MM fan dying for a revisit that will probably never come :'(
Shale

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
Bangai-O HD actually has levels this time around, right? As opposed to single-screen "puzzles"?

Edit: No, it does not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1