• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TAN Acquires all 3 Seasons of Slayers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I guess this means those rights FOX had are long gone.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Have they ever really had the rights or was that all just a big rumor run rampant (like SciFi getting Eva)?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I really wish Cox had TAN in Greater Louisiana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Have they ever really had the rights or was that all just a big rumor run rampant (like SciFi getting Eva)?

No, it was true. They even had Lisa Ortiz re-record the casting of the dragon slave without the reference to blood. Its just Fox is a bunch fudging morons and somehow they never realized that the show revolving around black magic wasn't aimed at 6 year olds. So they gave up on the project. I don't know what the deal with the licensing was though. I believe something similar happnened with Detective Conan. Who will be able to get TAN btw?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Quote:

No, it was true. They even had Lisa Ortiz re-record the casting of the dragon slave without the reference to blood. Its just Fox is a bunch fudging morons and somehow they never realized that the show revolving around black magic wasn't aimed at 6 year olds. So they gave up on the project. I don't know what the deal with the licensing was though. I believe something similar happnened with Detective Conan.

Fox got DC but they thought it was way too violent so they also gave that up.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Yea, did they even watch an episode of it, considering someone gets murdered in every episode!!!!!!!!
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
Well, cut them some slack, it's not like FOX has a history of botched anime projects
*cough* Escaflowne *cough*
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:25 am Reply with quote
well now that they have the TV Series to show they can say they are the only network that can show all of the Slayers Anime including the OVA's and Movies that ADV owns the Rights too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
jsyxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
This is definantly good news though. I've been onbsessed with Slayers for years, so more exposure for it can only be a good thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1