• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Games Industry Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing. No real news and nobody asked about the Imageepoch deal. Way to show them that we're still interested.... Neutral

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Disappointing. No real news and nobody asked about the Imageepoch deal. Way to show them that we're still interested.... Neutral

Emerje

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/30/our-fan-powered-interview-with-nis-americas-president-part-1/

Both http://gematsu.com/ and http://www.siliconera.com have been covering news on NISA games, too, if you did not know of these web sites already. From what I understand, Imageepoch currently has PSP titles, and NISA is not putting out any more PSP titles due to low sales. Black Rock Shooter seems to be one of those games not coming out due to the platform. It sounds like it could depend on the fans asking for it and buying it. Why have a licensing deal with Imageepoch and not want to put out any games?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
No, I knew all of that, I've been trying to follow this as closely as possible.

Almaz wrote:
It sounds like it could depend on the fans asking for it and buying it.

And this was my point. They have a panel (two actually) at the biggest anime convention in the US, they have an opportunity to take part in a major franchise, but aren't convinced the sales are there, and nobody can be bothered to bug them about it. I've bugged them about it, but I'm one person and I know I'm not alone on this, but it wont happen if more people don't speak up. I'm already buying the Japanese version of Black Rock Shooter so Imageepoch is getting my money, but I would love to have an English language version I can follow.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote
Uh, the first Disgaea DOES have a port for the DS. Pretty good one too, the Prinny commentator is hilarious and they have some extra bonus characters as well.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
And talk about an English version of BRS:The Game starts up again, this time from Good Smile Company themselves at the GSC and Nitro+ pannel today AX. Specifically from GSC President Aki Takanori:

Quote:
11:26:08 <bay> A: did you watch the concert?
11:27:07 <bay> so we've already released a lot of miku figures, and with nitro+ and aniplex, we'll be releasing madoka ones in aug/sept
11:28:07 <bay> and brs... with the game... in the summer, gsc will release some secret information at the same time
11:28:13 <bay> and also the trailer that you saw for the brs game, there is a lot of english comments for it
11:28:22 <bay> so right now, they are preparing an english version of the game as well

I'm kinda hoping this is an English option on the Japanese game that she's talking about, but if it's NISA version with the uncertain future then that's good too, I'll double dip.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1