• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Shakugan no Shana Light Novel to Ship in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
Any word on Funimation's licensing of the 2nd and 3rd seasons? They let the first one go out of print, so I wonder if they'll be reissuing it soon...
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quote
Wish they would stop sitting on Shana II, the move, Index, i think Railgun, not to mention LoL Heros. it's like they don't want my money.

Also hey viz i'd like to buy the other 20 shana novels please.....

-G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kh_gal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Any word on Funimation's licensing of the 2nd and 3rd seasons? They let the first one go out of print, so I wonder if they'll be reissuing it soon...

FUNimation licensed season 2, the OVAs, and the movie of Shana last year at Anime Expo. Because of some issues with Geneon and Universal Japan it's taking a while for them to release it all. I just hope that when it comes out they get the original dub cast.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
cannot wait for s3 to finish this up properly, gonna hurt tho. shana somehow left a real strong impression on me back when it originally aired, the music [ko otani=epic], the theme songs that were a heavy reason I got into jmusic, the background story they had for hte world and characters...the author seemed to really have thought things out before hand. s2 wasnt as good but was still very enjoyable I hope S3 will bring back a lot of that original feeling the series gave off and finish it in a really good way.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:

-G

I would too, however at the current release rate, it'll be our grandchildren who will be reading them...
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
rankothefiremage wrote:

-G

I would too, however at the current release rate, it'll be our grandchildren who will be reading them...

It's Viz, what do you expect, especially as they put Reborn! on hiatus and supposedly cancelled Inubaka especially when they were only a few volumes away from finishing it! Evil or Very Mad
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote
So am I to understand that VIZ is still releasing the light novels? I thought that volume 6, or whatever the last one was that they published, was their last one. Since I haven't seen any volumes past that one, I thought they'd cancelled any future publishing of the light novels.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
So am I to understand that VIZ is still releasing the light novels? I thought that volume 6, or whatever the last one was that they published, was their last one. Since I haven't seen any volumes past that one, I thought they'd cancelled any future publishing of the light novels.

It's VIZ who screwed up Strawberry 100%, Reborn!, GinTama, Shakugan no Shana, etc. :/

I just wished they'd continue releasing the light novel of Shana in USA. Sad
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

It's VIZ who screwed up Strawberry 100%, Reborn!, GinTama, Shakugan no Shana, etc. :/

They aren't going to release products that aren't selling.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

They aren't going to release products that aren't selling.

Well why even bother releasing them if they're not going to finish releasing the bloody things! Is it any wonder a lot of people don't have respect for Viz (and don't even get me started on their so-called European division who can't be bothered to release any iOS apps such as the Viz Reader or the Hamtaro game in English on any of the EU iTunes stores!)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
Well why even bother releasing them if they're not going to finish releasing the bloody things

Because they hope it's going to sell. However if the demand isn't there for the product then it makes no business sense to continue losing money to translate/print more volumes.

[redacted because my information was incorrect]

Last edited by Megiddo on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
filus69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Frankly, I'm amazed Shana got 6 novels released. I thought it stalled on 3. I'll have to pick up 4-6 from Amazon now.

You guys are mistaken here. Viz only released 2 volumes of Shana NOVEL and 6 volumes of MANGA. Chances of releasing more are almost none.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Ah, is that right? Thanks for that then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1