• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanasaku Iroha Gets New Anime in 2012

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote
I hope it's just an OVA placed several years later, because I like where the series ended.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quote
Pleaseletitbeaoneoffspecialpleaseletitbeaoneoffspecialpleaseletitbeaoneoffspecial.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote
This is what happens when you write well, Mari Okada! Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
It is highly probable that this is an OVA or a movie, but I'd love it if it was a series. I really hate the vagueness of these announcements. The first one told us there would be a new "visual work" - now we know it will be anime. I guess it will take a third announcement to tell us what format. Then a fourth to let us know what proximate time period it will be released. Oi. Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:

Did you forget episode three? Cause I sure didn't.

I will admit that I'm amazed - and impressed - that the rest of the series did so well even after being decapitated like that. Sort of reminds me about that chicken which lived headless for like two years. Yes, that's about the overall quality of Hanasaku Iroha's writing; as good as a headless chicken. Well, worse actually; it was the truly superb efforts from the animation and art departments that ended up saving the show, not anything Okada did.

Pleaseletitbeaoneoffspecialpleaseletitbeaoneoffspecialpleaseletitbeaoneoffspecial.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I hope it's just an OVA placed several years later, because I like where the series ended.

Same here. A direct continuation of the series would kill anything we got out of the last episode. All I want is one last episode that shows everyone holding true to their promise and let it end there for good. Not everything needs to be a franchise, Japan used to be good at that, but these days not so much.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:

Did you forget episode three? Cause I sure didn't.

I will admit that I'm amazed - and impressed - that the rest of the series did so well even after being decapitated like that. Sort of reminds me about that chicken which lived headless for like two years. Yes, that's about the overall quality of Hanasaku Iroha's writing; as good as a headless chicken. Well, worse actually; it was the truly superb efforts from the animation and art departments that ended up saving the show, not anything Okada did.

OH PLEASE episode 3 was a one off case. I think they actually could have enough material for 12 more episodes, just with them taking care of unfinished business just like honey and clover (yes I went there) because the writing for the show is actually really good. ohna would be annoying under most writers, and the wedding episodes are amazing examples of slice of life drama.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
OH PLEASE episode 3 was a one off case.

How 'bout this. Chop your head off with a hacksaw, then - assuming you survive the blood loss - tell me that losing your head was a one off case which doesn't matter in the long run. (Well, it's certainly not going to happen twice, but you know what I mean.) 'Cause that is how atrocious episode three was. I mean, the writing in the first two episodes was okay, and the writing in the latter episodes was also alright (generally speaking). But episode three is like a black hole of fail which was so powerful that the series had to really struggle to get over the finish line with a positive rating.

Edit: changed my metaphor a bit.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
OH PLEASE episode 3 was a one off case.

How 'bout this. Chop your head off with a hacksaw, then - assuming you survive the blood loss - tell me that losing your head was a one off case which doesn't matter in the long run. (Well, it's certainly not going to happen twice, but you know what I mean.) 'Cause that is how atrocious episode three was. I mean, the writing in the first two episodes was okay, and the writing in the latter episodes was also alright (generally speaking). But episode three is like a black hole of fail which was so powerful that the series had to really struggle to get over the finish line with a positive rating.

Edit: changed my metaphor a bit.
You seem to feel really strongly about this. I guess I have to watch episode 3 again because It didn't bother me enough for me to remember it. However, saying it had to struggle to get over the finish line with a positive rating? A positive rating in your own books maybe. Last I checked it did very well in Japan the entire run it had...which is why they're making more. If it had to "Struggle" they'd give up on it.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
Few of episodes near to beginning of the show were indeed weak, and one of them was especially atrocious. I had to stop viewing this show and could not get myself to watch it further even though these who survived say that the rest of the show was much better.

I mean, the downfall was so critical loss taste and storytelling that you almost feel insulted and cheated by the authors. It was striking how low authors think of their readers/viewers. The show was so cheap on that point.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
My only wish with this new anime is that they FINALLY have Minko and Ohana make up and be friends!
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
Episode three was indeed a disappointment and really didn't need to be there, but as a whole I really enjoyed the series. I'm looking forward to more, if only because Ohana was one of the best "genki" girls I've seen in a long time.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
I REALLY hope it is full 13 or 26 episode series. I don't want just an OVA, Special, or a Movie. Well I would like a movie but I want a new series first.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
My only wish with this new anime is that they FINALLY have Minko and Ohana make up and be friends!

But they are by the end of the series.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
Re-establishing Kissisuo from scratch could easily provide the basis for a 26 episode series. If the character development and graphics are as good as the first series, it'll be another treat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4