• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Medaka Box Anime's Main Cast Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote
Yui and Uiharu are Medaka..... what.............
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
Yui and Uiharu are Medaka..... what.............
Indeed. In the Medaka Box Vomic Medaka was played by Toyoguchi Megugi. I thought she was very convinging. It is left to see if Toyosaki Aki can produce the kind of sometimes overbearing or badass voice that I envision Medaka to have.

Another thing is, the anime will likely be so short that it won't get to the interesting parts. I would be very curious to see how the latest chapter would be adapted.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:17 am Reply with quote
I preferred the VOMIC cast. Toyoguchi seemed to have the perfect voice for her. Same goes for Kamiya, who played Araragi in Bakemongatari (another NisiOisn title). His voice for Zenkichi was spot on since he has a lot of reaction quotes to Medaka's actions.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah I was also hoping for the VOMIC cast...but I guess we'll see how this goes.

Was also sort of hoping we'd get a short trailer or something too, but then I remembered Gainax is doing it so we probably won;t see much of anything till the last minute.
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Wth, Aki Toyosaki? I don't see how...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Kenji_Ikari wrote:

She has more than 1 voice area. her soft- Yui voice isn't the only one. She can go deeper like Aoi Kunieda in Beelzebub and into an extremely deep women voice like she did in the currently airing UN-GO.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 am Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
Kenji_Ikari wrote:

She has more than 1 voice area. her soft- Yui voice isn't the only one. She can go deeper like Aoi Kunieda in Beelzebub and into an extremely deep women voice like she did in the currently airing UN-GO.

Yeah, she surprised me with her range as Inga in both forms. I may not be a fan of K-On!, but after her work on Hanasaku Iroha, Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam and Un-Go, I really respect Toyosaki as a seiyuu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1