• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Video of CyberConnect2 CEO Running Paris Marathon in Naruto Cosplay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me for saying this but I found this to be very embarrassing. A CEO dressed as Naruto for a marathon? I found the video to be a little ridiculous myself. Personally,I wouldn't do that. I doubt we'd find anyone dressing up as Naruto for the Boston Marathon,but hey,that's just me.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Do a Google image search on "Captain America Boston Marathon". That's pretty much equivalent, isn't it?
Texas84

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Uh, a marathon is 26.2 miles.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Texas84 wrote:
Uh, a marathon is 26.2 miles.

See:
Quote:
Matsuyama was ultimately unable to finish the marathon, running 22 kilometers (about 13.7 miles), a little over half a marathon.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
This is embarrassing as hell.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Still runs better me. I can barely do 17 kilometres.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Forgive me for saying this but I found this to be very embarrassing. A CEO dressed as Naruto for a marathon? I found the video to be a little ridiculous myself. Personally,I wouldn't do that. I doubt we'd find anyone dressing up as Naruto for the Boston Marathon,but hey,that's just me.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
This is embarrassing as hell.

Matsuyama-san is obsessed over Naruto. And when I say "obsessed," I mean his whole life seems to have been influenced by Naruto ever since he got into it. I've seen interviews with him and I've seen his collection of Shounen Jump and Naruto manga and merchandise. He's pretty crazy...
On that note, this is the reason behind the amazing quality of the Ultimate Ninja Storm fighting game series. He's not just obsessed. He's passionate. He wanted to do respect to the series. Even though it's been a while since I read the series itself, I have to say that Ultimate Ninja 2's Story Mode "summed up" the story of Shippuden so much more straightforward and powerful than the original series ever did for me. Not to mention, the character development... oh, I cried where I never thought I would...

Also, some minor trivia: Haseo from CC2's .hack//Roots and .hack//G.U., etc., is aesthetically and somewhat personality-based on a certain someone from Naruto... at least, until he truly develops into his own character by the end of the G.U. games.
And this has, indeed, been confirmed by Matsuyama-san himself. =P
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

You are not forgiven, but I will thank you for not posting with your usual formatting butcher job.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I've seen uglier jogging suits on people that really should stay covered up. I don't see what's embarrassing about his marathon and cosplay attempt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1