• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miyazaki Movies on Turner Classics

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to see here that Whisper of the Heart, which hasn't been released to DVD in the US yet will be shown in both English and Japanese. Well, at least I'll finally be able to see it in some format or other. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
red stranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Interesting to see here that Whisper of the Heart, which hasn't been released to DVD in the US yet will be shown in both English and Japanese. Well, at least I'll finally be able to see it in some format or other. Smile
The DVD will probably come out with the next batch of Disney/Ghibli DVDs, which I think are set for March.

And why are they only talking about Miyazaki-san in the press release? Pom Poko and Only Yestderday are Isao Takahata films. An "Excutive Producer" doesn't really have a big imput in the creative part of the film.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
Very nice news. Always interesting to see subbed anime on TV. This format means everyone, dub and sub fan alike, wins. I wish this were more common. Thanks TCM. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:46 am Reply with quote
This is pretty cool but it's bad for me because of the times of some of them I won't be able to watch the ones I haven't seen yet. Crying or Very sad
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
This news is just fantastic, we'll be able to see these movies and be able to enjoy these any way we wish. Did someone at TCM finally have a brain/heart transplant?
Now I hope that this means that TCM will start airring classic little animated movies that didn't come from just Disney?
Never the end

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote
I hope i can catch at least one of them (i only have TCM for like 8 hours a day). Rolling Eyes
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
Reminder: This is this month on Thurday nights.

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/thismonth/article/?cid=114160
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote
red stranger wrote:
The DVD will probably come out with the next batch of Disney/Ghibli DVDs, which I think are set for March.

And why are they only talking about Miyazaki-san in the press release? Pom Poko and Only Yestderday are Isao Takahata films. An "Excutive Producer" doesn't really have a big imput in the creative part of the film.

It's highlighting his career, so they're also throwing in movies he had less of a hand in. Executive Producer is one of the lead positions in a project.
Ryvius179

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote
This news is great, to bad that it isn't showen on Turner Classic Movies Canada, I was so psycd for it then I check the guide and it don't show anything for anime for as far as I can check. THis really sucks, Well guess it is good for the people who do get to watch it.
Shi-ne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quote
Does TCM show films uncut and commercial free?
msi435

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
This is the best news I have heard since Adult Swim began! Even though I've seen every single studio ghibli movie, it’s going to be interesting to see the English dub versions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
Shi-ne wrote:
Does TCM show films uncut and commercial free?

i believe they do. AMC does it.
Koe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I already have the first two weeks (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke; Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky) set up on TiVO to record in both dubbed and subtitled versions. Very Happy I haven't seen any Ghibli movies in about a year, so I'm really excited to see some of them again.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
bebop26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This is great! I never seen Princess Mononoke, so I'll finally be able to see it. It will also be interesting to see Spirited Away in Japanese. Will it be subtitled? Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4