• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - In the Details

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
A lot of good stuff this week, but I must say that DBZ Kinect looks awful. I've heard the worst things about it, and it just looks boring. Honestly, it looks worse than Ultimate Tenkaichi, and that one was pretty meh.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote
I can't wait until my Mugen Souls 100 dollar edition arrives in the mail. I absolutely adore every NISA video game release and I hope this'll be just as good as previous stuff like Neptunia and Atelier.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I can't wait until my Mugen Souls 100 dollar edition arrives in the mail. I absolutely adore every NISA video game release and I hope this'll be just as good as previous stuff like Neptunia and Atelier.

Same here bro~

also some really decent titles being rounded up this week.. nice.

malvarez1 wrote:
A lot of good stuff this week, but I must say that DBZ Kinect looks awful. I've heard the worst things about it, and it just looks boring. Honestly, it looks worse than Ultimate Tenkaichi, and that one was pretty meh.

DBZUT is already better than DBZ Kinect because you don't have to wail your arms and act like a damn fool to get combos off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Darkstalkers Resurrection: I never used to be a Darkstalkers fan, but I think I find Lilith to be my favorite character. I think her position in Cross Edge as one of my best party members may have done that.

Carnage Heart EXA: To be honest, I didn't expect a game like this to come here either. I never even knew about the PS1 game being localized.

Elminage: Looking forward to this one.

Tales of Xillia: Oh that's just Leia and Alvin's team dynamic. This video explains everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cx3ism5qw

Mugen Souls: This game still has plenty going for it. Who gives a crap about bathing fictional characters?

SF x Tekken: Blanka's in there. Enough said.

Last edited by belvadeer on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
I bet that the complaints regarding DmC will never stop.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:

Not until they go back to the original Dante. The new design and appealing to the edgy crowd ruined the series.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
I'm certainly interested in Liberation Maiden - the art & gameplay look as if it's just oozing with style......though the game length vs. pricing has me a little concerned due to what I've been seeing about it online.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

malvarez1 wrote:

DBZUT is already better than DBZ Kinect because you don't have to wail your arms and act like a damn fool to get combos off.

lol yeah I have a feeling that DBZ Kinect is a game you play when you are either with other DBZ fanboys or alone.
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Carnage Heart
You learn something new every day.

Given Wayforward's intermittent triumphs, I want to give Book of Memories the benefit of the doubt. Looking past its unfortunate choice of license, the videos remind me of Snowblind's enjoyable hackathons, and the personalized branching system sounds interesting. Book of Memories probably won't recreate a faithful Silent Hill experience, but at least it might be fun.

Also, in light of Nyu Media, I'd like to mention an earlier October release: Bunny Must Die. It's a doujin Metroidvania, with very tight controls, competent level/puzzle design, and a notorious difficulty. The polish given its amateur pedigree is considerable, and Bunny Must Die has aged well since its 2006 debut in Japan. The one thing of which I am not fond is the protagonist's costume, but maybe it could pass as a benign nod to Keio Flying Squadron.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

They should really put these up for pre-order at Gamestop; I'm too lazy to go to their Website to get these >_>

Also, I thought Ragnarok Odyssey was delayed?

That being said, I don't know what either game is about, but I might as well anyway...

RyanSaotome wrote:
sainta wrote:

Not until they go back to the original Dante. The new design and appealing to the edgy crowd ruined the series.

My main issue is the gameplay...

(also, 60 FPS, but the game will apparently run at that frame rate on the PC?)

Not a big fan of DMC3, but that game's combo system was very hype.

But then, I've never played anything from Ninja Theory or whatever the studio is called, so I have no idea.
The Black Stones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Ragnarok Odyssey isn't out until the 30th (and EBgames Canada lists November. Ugh).
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited about good people die / virtues last reward

I adored 999 and even got my dad to play it.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:

Not when it's being done by those talentless hacks at Ninja Theory. This game has zero hype going for it and even CAPCOM seems to be aware of how much it's despised. They're probably just going to sweep it under the rug after it's released and go back to the original continuity.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
[blinks] There's an actual software company called WayForward Technologies? Really??

[searches Internet for confirmation]

Well, I'll be! Now I'll spend years wondering if they're Douglas Adams fans, or if it's all just a big coincidence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of interested in DMC despite never being a huge fan of the older games (digging that art style), however the juvenile writing worries me. All of the trailers and gameplay clips so far have been very much "13 year old who just discovered swearing and Linkin Park", to the point that I'm starting to wonder if it's supposed to be some kind of parody. The game also seems to be pushing a disgruntled liberal agenda very heavily (hay guyz did you guys know Fox news is evil?)- something I'd probably agree with whole heartedly if presented in a blog post or a newspaper column, but shoved into a game I just find it obnoxious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3