• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime conventions!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
AX is big, but several other anime related events are much larger.
MissV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
Why do people go to these?

If you have ever been to one please explain WHY you went.
I personly can't understand why people go to these. Is there realy something that special about them?

I can understand if you can get anime at like 25% off no rmal price, but that isn't what I'm talking about.

People go to these in costumes and all dressed up looking like their favorite anime person. WHY??!!!

What happens at these conventions?!

Please someone help me understand t hese things!

- It's a good reason to dress up as an anime character.
- I can see my friends from other parts of the US.
- You can meet voice actors, directors, manga-ka, ect.
- You can get free goodies. :3
- They're alot of fun. I would highly suggest going to one if you really wanna know why people go to them.
Sogen_Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:30 am Reply with quote
Hey man this is coming from an anime convention staffer after one year of going to anime conventions. I am in charge of personnel at Sogencon and let me tell you it's a lot of fun to go to one of these events and hang with all sorts of different people and you all get along thanks to the fact that you like anime. When normally if you saw one of these people on a street in normal clothes you probably wouldn't say one word to em. Not to mention the strange array of food, entertainment, imported items, events, guests, panels, and of course when you are exhausted from walking around, chatting, getting autographs from Voice Actors, taking pictures of all the amazing costumes(if you are into that sort of thing) and going to the dealer room, you can always relax and watch anime on huge viewing screens in one of the viewing rooms.
That's what an anime convention is to me and my friends! Hope it helped. By the way here's the website for Sogencon if you want to check it out. www.sogencon.com/
SuperNova

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I've seen some of the people in the magazines that I get and to tell you the truth there are some people who shouldn't dress up if you know what mean...

I've never been to a convention, it actually sounds like fun but im not very sociable person, the only thing I would do there is go check out voice actors and merchandise...

Oh and one last thing does anyone know if there are conventions in Missouri???
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2