• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball GT starts October 3rd

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MysticGoku94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Can't Wait!! Very Happy
king_micah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I can.
I would prefer a Dragon Slave on my forehead then GT.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if they'll start at the beginning or where Funimation started releasing on DVD (ep 13 I believe). If I'm wrong on that, someone let me know, just going off of what I remember from a previous thread.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
Does anyone know if they'll start at the beginning or where Funimation started releasing on DVD (ep 13 I believe). If I'm wrong on that, someone let me know, just going off of what I remember from a previous thread.

If they are smart, they start at the start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to say. They wouldn't have started it half way like that if they didn't plan to do the same when it was on TV where they'll be getting most of their viewers. However, didn't they do a "special" recap episode to start off the first DVD, they'd have to show that too if they are going to make any sence out of it on CN. I really doubt they'd want their first episode to be a recap, they'd want it to be an episode. But there are so many rabid fans out there, thye could show anything then wanted and people would still watch.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:24 pm Reply with quote
The first 16 or whatever episodes have been dubbed, they just thought to release from episode 17 onwards etc, because really those first parts of GT were pretty stupid
monkeyDluffy4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:27 pm Reply with quote
They are going to start from episode 17 on Cartoon Network. I didn't like GT as much as I hoped I would. The theme music just turned me off. If Funimation had kept the original theme...

~Ore wa Monkey D. Luffy! Kaizoku-oh ni naru otokko!~
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:10 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
The first 16 or whatever episodes have been dubbed, they just thought to release from episode 17 onwards etc, because really those first parts of GT were pretty stupid

Yeah, but who wants to read half of Chapter 1 and skip to Chapter 18 of a book becasue the the first couple of chapters is nothing but character delopment. That what got me mad at Fun in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:37 am Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:

From Otakon 2003 - Funimation Panel:

Quote:
As for television plans, Dragonball GT will being airing on Cartoon Network starting October 3, Fridays at 6:30 ET/PT. The series will start at episode 16, the same as the Funimation DVD release. Heiskell did assure that the first 15 episodes would eventually be released.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, I hardly watch Toonami (execpt for Cybor 009) anymore anyway. Rolling Eyes Jeez, when they get around the 1-15, they well confuse a whole lot of fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1