• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brampton (CANADA) Anime Convention

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
http://bramptoncon.zapto.org/

Introducing Brampton's First Anime Convention

Like Anime? Live in Brampton, Canada? Then come to the Brampton Anime Convention!

What's anime you ask? I've got two words for you, Japanese Animation!

Anime is a booming genre which is growing ever so rapidly across western shores.

Millions of anime fans come to conventions to share, discuss, learn, and have fun with other anime-convention-goers!

Brampton's First Anime Convention will be featuring Gaming, Anime, Comics, and tons more!

Attendees will be able to screen select animes, purchase massive amounts of comics, DVDs, plushies, and more in our dealers room. You'll also be able to take part in contests, cosplay masquerades, gaming events, and much more!

The Brampton Anime Convention is still in development, but we need your help! Please contact [email protected] for more information. This convention will take place in Brampton Ontario, Canada.

The price of the convention has not yet been set, however if we meet the financial costs before the convention, then the price for entry could potentially be free. If the quota is not met then we are hoping to charge a maximum price of $10 CDN.

We are estimating that the cost of the convention hall will range from $800-1000 CDN, and another $300 CDN to be allotted towards other expenses.

If everything goes accordingly, the convention is planned to start in late 2007.
http://bramptoncon.zapto.org/
red stranger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I live in Mississauga, but I would love to go to a Brampton convention. Just make sure there's a big dealer's room. Smile
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Here is the latest news from the site ...

Latest News

Monday January 1, 2007

- You can see the lowdown of events if you scroll down the page a bit more since a lot of people are emailing me like crazy, asking me for this information.

- The name, "Brampton Anime Convention" didn't sound too appetizing so now we've officially dubbed its new title as the "Tomorii Con" ... *Claps Hands*

- This is just a note that we haven't even begun any type of advertising yet. We're hoping you guys can help us by spreading the word. Please note that we need a minimum of 100 attendees to proceed with this convention.

- We do not have a confirmed location to host this event. If you'd like to help, please contact your local theatres, convention halls, or anything of the sort so we can get this convention rolling! (contact me, then rinse and repeat).

- Unfortunately, we may not be able to meet the financial costs of starting this convention, so the maximum price for entry has been raised to $30 (Thirty Dollers). We do not wish to make a profit out of this convention, thus any additional funds made may be sent to charity. Please keep in mind that we haven't confirmed any sponsorships or dealers yet, so that price may change at any time.

- Proper website format coming soon! Also look forward to our new forums.

- Thanks to the few people who signed my guestbook, please spread the word! Others may sign it here, sign my guestbook

- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Leelem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SPAM/" target="_blank" class="postlink -wrap" rel="nofollow ugc">http://">SPAM/
Leelem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SPAM/" target="_blank" class="postlink -wrap" rel="nofollow ugc">http://">SPAM/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1