• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Threats Lead Jump Super Anime Tour to Beef Up Security

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brakus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Good grief.

You'd think that Japan would realize that every time they have to beef up security at these events, or outright cancel events, because of these threats, the terrorists win?

And seriously, the people sending out these threats are indeed terrorists, because it causes these event organizers to freak out in terror and act very reactively because of these stupid threats.

I mean, seriously, is someone that so offended that Kuroko's Basketball is successful in Japan? It's like there's some kind of stupid Jihad on basketball lovers, or pretty basketball players, or something. I really just shake my head at all this stupidity.
lefthand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
Good grief.

You'd think that Japan would realize that every time they have to beef up security at these events, or outright cancel events, because of these threats, the terrorists win?

And seriously, the people sending out these threats are indeed terrorists, because it causes these event organizers to freak out in terror and act very reactively because of these stupid threats.

I mean, seriously, is someone that so offended that Kuroko's Basketball is successful in Japan? It's like there's some kind of stupid Jihad on basketball lovers, or pretty basketball players, or something. I really just shake my head at all this stupidity.

If someone is to be offended by Kuroko no Basket, it's more likely to be the "basketball lovers", seeing how some of them think Kuroko no Basket "ruined" basketball.

Possibilities of the suspect's motive:
1. He hate Kuroko no Basket for various reasons
2. He wants to create events that draw attentions
3. His girlfriend became too obsessed with the series
4. Togashi works as an editor in Jump overseeing this manga, so he wants to end KnB, because he thinks that KnB's end = HxH's return (1% possibility though)
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I mean, seriously, is someone that so offended that Kuroko's Basketball is successful in Japan?

From what I've heard, the original guy doing the threads is...sort-of gay for Kurobasu's mangaka (it's a LONG story) and has an intense fetish for basketball outfits, and believes that Kurobas is "ruining basketball".

Yeah, it's...unique.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually kind of okay with this; it protects the attendees *and* prevents unwanted guests from attending. Sounds pretty much like how cons work when they require badges.
senbonzakura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
Good grief.

I don't think strengthening the security is a sign of terrorists winning. People's lives are at risk so they should be on the lookout. Canceling events, yes, terrorists win. Beefing up security, no, terrorists don't win..

Last edited by senbonzakura on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Increasing security is the sensible and practical thing to do. Cancelling events outright just hurts fans and essentially gives in to the terrorist. He can only win if people let him win, so the simple thing to do is not to bow to his will and hold the events as scheduled (just with more security because people's lives are precious). Most of his threats are obvious bluffs anyway and calling them out makes him look ineffective when nothing happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1