• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Unveils A Certain Scientific Railgun S' English Dub Cast, Trailer

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
So what level was S animated at? The first season looked pretty good on DVD, but will the second season? I doubt a series from 2013 would look good on DVD, but I could be wrong.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Man, I wish we could get this series on Blu-ray.

I have no doubt Funi tried to, but some licensing issues probably kept them from.

Not their fault probably.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh so this is coming out to, Kinda sucks the arc I care about will take up so many box sets that I'll have to get the whole (including the filler) thing but for me this is the best railgun has to offer and I really like how this season looked in comparison to the other TV series this franchise has had.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I'll just stick with my torrented BDs, just like I did with the first season...

Hellwarden wrote:

I have no doubt Funi tried to, but some licensing issues probably kept them from.

I hear people say this quite a lot. Is it true? Don't think so. Most likely there were expenses that Funimation didn't want to pay.

I mean, look at Attack on Titan, it finished airing in late September 2013, and we're about to get a localized release , in BD.

spoiler[Railgun S also finished airing in late September 2013]
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Hellwarden wrote:

I hear people say this quite a lot. Is it true? Don't think so. Most likely there were expenses that Funimation didn't want to pay.

I mean, look at Attack on Titan, it finished airing in late September 2013, and we're already about to get a localized release , in BD.

I am also blaming the Japanese licensor. Funimation has had trouble in the past getting BD's for anime that Geneon Universal distributes in Japan. And the fact that Funimation is releasing Attack on Titan this June probably means that they paid good money for the license.

You cannot always blame for everything the R1 companies (excluding AoA) you hate so much.
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
[quote="SouthPacific"]I'll just stick with my torrented BDs, just like I did with the first season...

Hellwarden wrote:

I mean, look at Attack on Titan, it finished airing in late September 2013, and we're about to get a localized release , in BD.

There's a reason why they couldn't pay to get the BD rights early and it's cause thieves like you just steal it. Which is just sad, I'll never consider people like you fans of any kind. You don't make the anime and manga world better, When you just steal a series. You just make the pirating sites where you got it from that much better.
merr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Hellwarden wrote:

That's how the real world works. Funimation is a business. They're only going to release a product if it's economically feasible for them to do so. If the licensor is asking too much for BR rights, you can't expect Funimation to just pay the high price anyway and take a huge loss. That's completely unreasonable. They're not a charity.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
It's not always about cost. Some companies are paranoid about reverse importation. They might refuse to give the BD rights to American companies so Japanese consumers can't buy the cheaper english discs. It's also why some BDs get released dub only or you can't turn the subtitles off the japanese track.

What I want to know is why we're getting Railgun S before Index II.

Last edited by Vaisaga on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
As per usual the sheep are blind to the long term and long standing issue(s).

You heard it here first, folks: People who choose not to break the law and purchase things legally are all blind sheep.

Yet another pearl of wisdom from our good friend SouthPacific. Keep livin' the dream, ya'll. Wink
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
As per usual the sheep are blind to the long term and long standing issue(s).

You heard it here first, folks: People who choose not to break the law and purchase things legally are all blind sheep.

Yet another pearl of wisdom from our good friend SouthPacific. Keep livin' the dream, ya'll. Wink

Indeed.

Buy a DVD of an anime produced in 2013 because the distributor did not want to pay the appropriate fees for the BD. Because if you don't you're breaking the law! If you don't buy the Lain BD you're breaking the law, even if it looks like sh#!. DON'T BREAK THE LAW, DAMMIT.

spoiler[Vote Republican, woohoo!]

You're not an LLer that's for sure Laughing

E: Your two last herpy derpy posts on Aniplex news articles have been unusually amusing, keep 'em coming buddy Laughing!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Buy a DVD of an anime produced in 2013 because the distributor did not want to pay the appropriate fees for the BD. Because if you don't you're breaking the law! If you don't buy the Lain BD you're breaking the law, even if it looks like sh#!. DON'T BREAK THE LAW, DAMMIT.

Try to justify is as much as you want. It doesn't matter. You're still breaking the law.

You are stealing.

You are taking something that doesn't belong to you without paying or asking permission.

YOU. ARE. A. THIEF.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
It's a simple matter, really. I want to own the series -> it's only going to be released on DVD -> I buy the DVDs.

You're free to be satified with your BD rips, but you really shouldn't act like it somehow makes you better than the rest of us.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
so looks like you guys successfully entertained a troll for little bit, again
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
After a seemingly eternal wait, Season 2 of A Certain Scientific Railgun is finally here. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Smile
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
@Spaceman, If a title isn't released in the US, people (us residents) download the fansubs, and then everything is fine, because buying the Japanese release is too expensive. Wouldn't that make all of those people thieves as well?

Yes. Yes it does. It's still stealing.

People have come under this false belief that "just because something isn't legally available in my country, that gives me every right to download it for free." That's not true. It's still taking something that doesn't belong to you without paying for it. The creators get nothing for their hard work. Ergo, it's theft.

Quote:
If not, i'm not a US citizen, nor am I Japanese. I don't live in the BD region that you do. = I have no obligation to import any US releases.

Doesn't matter. If you torrent things you don't own, you're still stealing.

It's literally THAT simple. But of course, thieves will always try to justify their thievery. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4