• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast itunes duplicates

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what end the problem is at, but iTunes has just downloaded a bunch of duplicate episodes. Physically I have 26 new episodes downloaded today which are all duplicates with a "1" appended to the file name. The list in iTunes is showing two of every episode back to the 19th November 2013 (Burnout Paradise). I also have three copies of Justin Time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I have fixed it, with some trepidation at the prospect of potentially having 5GB of podcast re-download on me, by deleting it from iTunes and resubscribing. I had to import the existing folder to get everything back, but it worked (other than having to delete and re-download Justin Time so I only had one copy).
On the plus side, I only have one ANNCast folder in iTunes now as I've had them split between two for ages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
Nothing changed recently in the ANNcast feed (except new episodes) so I can only surmise that something changed on the iTunes side.

One thing I'm not sure about... the ANNCast iTunes page only has 40 items. Was it always like that? Does it show only the last 40 items (i.e. what's in the feed) or did it use to have more items? In the second case, that would mean the list was somehow cleared and re-imported, and that would explain why you had a bunch of "new" items to download.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1