• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seraph of the End's English-Subtitled Trailer, Split-Season Plans, More Cast Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Decent cast and great music. Wow, that means Wit Studio is going to be quite busy next year starting with Winter's The Rolling Girls. No wonder SnK 2 is delayed so much. Looking forward to this show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Decent cast and great music. Wow, that means Wit Studio is going to be quite busy next year starting with Winter's The Rolling Girls. No wonder SnK 2 is delayed so much. Looking forward to this show.

While I mostly agree with you, to be honest, in recent times (last year and a half or so) Sawano Hiroyuki's music started to sound not similar, but same-y in most of his works. Nanatsu no Taizai is sounding different from his recent works, but Aldnoah.Zero mostly sounded like copies from the Ao no Exorcist or Guilty Crown.

However, those are still good news Very Happy
flackenstien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.. looks like what they are covering will be done pretty accurately.
Let's hope it actually stops at a point, instead of just diverging from the source material.
Although, the animators really need to borrow some grey wash from Gears of War.

Now.. if only Assclass.. err.. *cough* Assassination Classroom.. could give us a big fancy trailer soon.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

While I mostly agree with you, to be honest, in recent times (last year and a half or so) Sawano Hiroyuki's music started to sound not similar, but same-y in most of his works. Nanatsu no Taizai is sounding different from his recent works, but Aldnoah.Zero mostly sounded like copies from the Ao no Exorcist or Guilty Crown.

I agree 100%. I loved Sawano's music in Unicorn and more unknown stuff such as Gigantic Formula, but lately I've been having the exact same feeling of same-ness and self-parody you describe. The fact that Aldnoah Zero and Guilty Crown were not good series makes the disparity with his epic approach stand out even more.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

I felt Shingeki no Kyojin had some themes that sounded the same from the one from Gundam Unicorn.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Never read the manga but wow it looks awesome and MORE AWESOME is that Hiroyuki Sawano is composing the OST!! WOO! I loved the OST in Gundam Unicorn and all his other works! I can't wait for this! Anime smile
Abdulaziz.Asker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Almost all the animes that Hiroyuki Sawano composed are extremely AWESOME like Shingeki no Kyojin, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero

and on the top of that, Wit Studio gonna produce the anime!!! Same studio as SnK!!! (And maybe even the same director???)
Abdulaziz.Asker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Almost all the animes that Hiroyuki Sawano composed are extremely AWESOME like Shingeki no Kyojin, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero

and on the top of that, Wit Studio gonna produce the anime!!! Same studio as SnK!!! (And maybe even the same director???)
NPWALL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I am psyched, I love the manga and after seeing this trailer I just know that this anime is going to be epic
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
Hiroyuki Sawano for the music. Why am I not surprised.

Oh well, I'm not complaining though, this looks good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
B-K 201

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
I remember reading this manga thinking to myself, man this manga is sweet bout time we get a decent Vampire manga, and what do you know the adaptation is about to come out, lol i think that im going to start reading manga that i know will mostly likely not get and adaptation that way i don't spoil awesome shows like this one im down reading this manga im just gonna let the show handle the rest from here own out. Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai, Owari No Seraph, Lance N' Masques and a couple other ongoing shows are gonna be big ones for me next year.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
The animation looks pretty smooth. Will be looking forward to this.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
That action and animation looked great. Looks like Wit's gonna keep kicking ass. Can't wait for more Sawano music, I'd say Titan was probably my favorite of his so far since it fit so damn well and the timing of some of the tracks were glorious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1