• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Wit Studio's Rolling Girls Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Student no.0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Not bad news in the slightest, but now I worry about streaming availability for Latin American audiences. Hopefully this'll turnout like Free! & Yona of the Dawn on CR.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Hehehe, now that's a nice surprise pick-up! Hopefully this gets a lot of streaming numbers.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I feel like a lot of shows in recent years take the structure of "interesting sci-fi/fantasy premise -----> troupe of cute marketable moe girls"

It always makes me assume someone behind the project was actually passionate about the first part and tacked on the second in order to get it funded, but maybe that's just me being cynical.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of this, but the name immediately made me think of The Blue Hearts song "The Rolling Man", so it's SUPER WEIRD that the theme song is a cover of an entirely unrelated song by The Blue Hearts.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so they dont play card games while riding motorcycles?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
I feel like a lot of shows in recent years take the structure of "interesting sci-fi/fantasy premise -----> troupe of cute marketable moe girls"

It always makes me assume someone behind the project was actually passionate about the first part and tacked on the second in order to get it funded, but maybe that's just me being cynical.

Serial killers + moe
Guns + moe
Apocalypse + moe
Tanks + moe
Giant monsters, giant robots; If you can name it, someone's tacked cute girls on it. This idea reminds me a bit of Mad Max and The Warriors movies, with girls naturally.

Japnal The only nation that can turn A Boy and His Dog into a Girl and Her Dog and Some More Girls While We're At It and get away with it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:

Serial killers + moe
Guns + moe
Apocalypse + moe
Tanks + moe
Giant monsters, giant robots; If you can name it, someone's tacked cute girls on it. This idea reminds me a bit of Mad Max and The Warriors movies, with girls naturally.

Japan: The only nation that can turn A Boy and His Dog into a Girl and Her Dog and Some More Girls While We're At It and get away with it.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
No clue how this is going to turn out, but I surmise FUNimation wants to be in front of the line for anything coming out of WIT STUDIO (a la GONZO in the past)…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1