• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Nintendo 3DS System Headed West in February

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Man if I had waited I could have bought this system for the same price. While it sports all these nice features, I'm sure one thing still exists IT'S STILL REGION LOCKED.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
For someone who've never owned a 3DS this is simultaneously attractive (Phoenix Wright trilogy re-release!) and annoying; buying an AC adapter to charge the battery would probably add quite a bit to the price tag.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Man if I had waited I could have bought this system for the same price. While it sports all these nice features, I'm sure one thing still exists IT'S STILL REGION LOCKED.

Despite the new 3DS being region locked, Nintendo's president has said in a interview he wanted to end the region locking of Nintendo console.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
For someone who've never owned a 3DS this is simultaneously attractive (Phoenix Wright trilogy re-release!) and annoying; buying an AC adapter to charge the battery would probably add quite a bit to the price tag.
They sell for about 1-2 dollars at any used game store, 10 dollars new, 4.95 for official refurbished, so no...it doesn't add a bit to the price tag..it adds almost nothing if you get one at gamers or gamestop.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo are jerks for not releasing the regular-sized NN3DS in the US. I was looking at buying one, for Xenoblade X, but not if there's only XL. I don't like the size or the feel of the XL systems.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Not buying it until they release the regular size. The XL is too big for me.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Nintendo are jerks for not releasing the regular-sized NN3DS in the US. I was looking at buying one, for Xenoblade X, but not if there's only XL. I don't like the size or the feel of the XL systems.
R315r4z0r wrote:
Not buying it until they release the regular size. The XL is too big for me.
They're probably planning to release a New Nintendo 2DS for the NA market sometime down the line.
se37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I haven't seen an original 3DS here for a while. Everything, from the special ones to normal, has been the 3DS XL & 2DS. I was really hoping for the new 3DS without XL and had money lined up to buy it. With only XL out, nope, I'm not buying it. I'm keeping my original Pokemon X & Y Red XL until they release the original. This wouldn't be a problem however if it wasn't region locked so now I'm out of luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
While the 3DS XL does have some greatly-improved features, particularly in the case of 3D and battery support, it would be great if Nintendo debuted their New Nintendo 3DS along with it, since the XL isn't as portable due to its larger size.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Sucks that its only the XL version but its awesome thats its finally coming. I still plan on getting the Japanese version tho because I wanna play the Attack On Titan game. and I have a regular 3ds
Crowjack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I just bought my 1st DS system a couple months ago. I waited and bought the Persona Q 3DS XL version. Now this new and improved version of a DS is coming in February with new games that my new DS can't even play. And if that wasn't bad enough this new DS is gonna be region locked. Thought that they were gonna stop that nonsense. As Peter Griffin would say, " that really grinds my gears." If this new DS has alot of games that will only work on it I guess I will try and sale my Persona Q 3DS to someone.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
My whole reasoning for getting a New 3DS was the faceplates, so since that's not happening, I don't see much reason in upgrading.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone here is aware yet, but I saw someone start a petition to get Nintendo to bring the Standard New Nintendo 3DS to America, as well as put an end to region-locking...

Edit: Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/p/nintendo-bring-the-regular-sized-new-3ds-to-america-stop-region-locking?just_created=true

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone here is aware yet, but I saw someone start a petition to get Nintendo to bring the Standard New Nintendo 3DS to America, as well as put an end to region-locking...

Please add the link to the petition, I'm sure people on ANN would want to sign it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sdsichero
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Pretty upset that they are not bringing the regular New 3DS to the USA. I was so ready to boy it.

SO disappointed in NoA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2