• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love Revolutions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Discuss

Last edited by meepsheeps on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erowin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused, this really didn't sound like a C review. Maybe a B-.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I can't be so bothered by this anime anymore. Neutral
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:06 am Reply with quote
The CGI will be a bit bother for me especially since I love that song...

I love the boys but now it's getting too much for me, if that made any sense. I love their antics but....I don't know. I'll wait a few more episodes before I can fully complain about the anime as a whole....
Loveless100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
So far, I think it's moving about the same as the first two seasons.

I am excited for the "cross-units" but I'm more excited for each member of Quartet Night getting solos. It's about time.

I'm still peeved about the CG though Neutral not cool.
Ichinose Tokiya GF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
I loved watching the CG ending. I first saw it an was blown away. It was the first I've seen, that made me want to watch it over again an again.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Well of those two, one of them can sing fairly well, and it's not Otoya. Luckily Shiroe had no reasons to burst into song in Log Horizon.

There are a couple others whose vocals are...lacking, and I fear with this regrouping thing, we're going to have to listen to them undisguised by better singers as they mostly have been up to now.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Best episode so far.

Aoi Shouta has the most beautiful voice and no one can tell me otherwise. Very Happy

Hopefully the rest of the episodes are like this, but I find it hard to believe since most of the boys are all grouped up and all.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Not much of a fan of higher pitched male voices, so I didn't care for Ai's voice much. Ai's seiyuu has a much better voice than Otoya, though, which was almost painful to listen to last week.

Nah, the highlight of this episode was Ren with his arm draped around the couch and Tokiya being right in the middle of that. Thanks for catering to us fans of that pairing, A-1 Pictures.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
so if you're just looking to enjoy your weekly dose of lovely young men parachuting into your home

Yep, that's pretty much the only draw. The singing, not so much. Smile

I thought it was weird how they acted like strangers who'd never sung together before. I know it's different with 3 over 7, but they should know each others' vocal and performing strengths and weaknesses well enough by now to be able to arrange accordingly without so much drama and anticipation of this new thing!.

It was also funny how excited they were about the chance to sell phones and not just the opportunity to strut their stuff. That's not usually how artists view their work vis-à-vis advertising. Smile
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Ren is a little puzzling. the dude is a playboy, right? I vaguely recall large amounts of teenage girls surrounding him early on in season 1 and toying with them. So what's stopping him from outright telling Haurka how he feels?

And did we ever get an explanation as to why Ringo cross-dresses 24/7
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I want to know what that production looked like to the audience. Cause if it wasn't all in her tripped-out head, that was some serious wire-work! Or Camus really is Superman. Or Ubermensch (the book he was reading was in German).
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Ren is a little puzzling. the dude is a playboy, right? I vaguely recall large amounts of teenage girls surrounding him early on in season 1 and toying with them. So what's stopping him from outright telling Haurka how he feels?

Ren seems to have been dialed back quite a bit this season. I used to love how his seiyuu, Junichi Suwabe, would make the guy practically purr some of his lines. But this season, his seiyuu isn't doing that, which makes me wonder if he wasn't told to stop by someone higher up?

If any of the guys admitted their crush, the series would be at an end and Haruka would complete their route.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:12 am Reply with quote
Well, the song was nice and the lyrics weren't too corny, though their early attempts had me worried. But this episode really brought home how, if it weren't for the different hairstyles and Hijirikawa's mole, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. I'm waiting for the twins separated at birth episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Rebecca Silverman wrote:
Whenever things get too slow in UtaPri, I find myself thinking of things Haruka's eyes look like.

You do that too? Aside from the cataract mainstay, I've thought of everything from eyeballing with absinthe to rupture disks. Very Happy

Whenever Reiji would abduct Haruka in his car, I kept hearing Otoya and Tokiya crying out, "He took our Haruka!" in classic South Park style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2