• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon XY & Z TV Anime's 1st Video, Story, Characters Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
"What secret is hidden in the legendary never-before-seen pokémon Zygarde? What is the mysterious phenomenon that occurs only with Satoshi's (Ash's) Gekkōga (Greninja)? What is the aim of Alain and Team Flare, who stands in the way of Asg and his friends?"

Find out on the next action packed episode of Pokemon XY & Z!
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
MEGA-SCEPTILE!!!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
Lysandre being in XY & Z could mean that we'll have a chance of seeing Pyroar in a battle.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:25 am Reply with quote
I believe the Sceptile to be Ash's which would be cool to see him bring it back and be his first mega evolution pokemon. I wonder though if it is his Sceptile because I don't see a keystone anywhere on Ash. He has no necklace, bracelet, or anything that can hold a keystone so is the Sceptile his or just a Sceptile that is going to be in the next series. Maybe Sceptile will be like Mega Blaziken and shown in all the ads for the show but turn out to have about zero importance to the show. Though if it is his Sceptile and he will gain the ability to mega evolve it is a little sad. Charizard is by far Ash's strongest pokemon and behind Pikachu his most trusted pokemon so it is a little messed up to have Sceptile be his first mega evolution and not Charizard.
Davy0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
So.... Greninja is basically going to be the BS take on how Ash won't have a Mega Evolution Pokemon possibly until the next season when a new Battle Frontier is made, and Ash gets Charizard back to fight in it. Watch what happens.
ETX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:59 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
I believe the Sceptile to be Ash's which would be cool to see him bring it back and be his first mega evolution pokemon.

Unfortunately, the Sceptile most likely belongs to Shota, who was also in the trailer.
Davy0 wrote:
So.... Greninja is basically going to be the BS take on how Ash won't have a Mega Evolution Pokemon possibly until the next season when a new Battle Frontier is made, and Ash gets Charizard back to fight in it. Watch what happens.

For those that still don't understand, it's undoubtedly going to be labeled as BS. However the logic behind this new form for Greninja is there and it's already so obvious. .
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
That OP sounds AMAZING.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Ash is definitely where a harem/ladies man in anime would go wrong: leaving his girls behind.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
I really should start waching Pokemon when I have the time. I mean, let's be honest - the visuals are so cool!
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:

Unfortunately, the Sceptile most likely belongs to Shota, who was also in the trailer.

How sad is that one of Ash's third rate rivals for the season could be getting a mega evolution and not Ash.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
The only person i can see the mega Sceptile belonging to is Sawyer who i hope don't end up beating Ash with it in the league because Grovlye and Frogadier currently have a little rivalry going on.
Danny123100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, Mega Sceptile most likely belongs to Shota. If you look carefully at his left arm when Pikachu dashes away you can see a black band around his wrist. Maybe it's nothing and i'm just trying to hard, but it's something that isn't usually on Shota. Plus with Ash getting a Greninja it makes sense Shota's Grovyle wouldn't fall behind and would evolve to Sceptile as well. I don't think they would give Ash a Greninja that can change forms, and then a scpetile to Mega Evolve. I'm disappointed Ash won't probably get a mega evolution, but I can't say i'll be all that surprised if he doesn't.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme.

So there you have it: Kalos was never under threat from Lysandre. If 50% Zygarde cannot deal with him and Team Flare, then it becomes 100% Zygarde...though even then, Zygarde has a type disadvantage against both Xerneas and Yveltal.

I wonder if these Zygarde forms will be integrated into the games themselves though.
kylewhisper4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Isnt this usually around the time in a pokemon series where we see a character from the previous generation make a guest appearance for a few episodes? I was thinking Iris or maybe Cilan would show up around this time....guess not. Although I really wouldn't mind Misty or Brock to return.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
kylewhisper4 wrote:
I was thinking Iris or maybe Cilan would show up around this time....guess not.

Pokémon XY did have a special episode that featured Iris visiting Blackthorn City to challenge Clair in her quest to become a Dragon Master. Sadly, The Pokémon Company never got around to airing it. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2