• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Hunter Stories Anime to Be Animated by David Production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:56 am Reply with quote
Not the news about David Production that I wanted to hear. Oh, well, maybe they'll make Part 4 right after this series, just like with Neptunia.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
Ah, that would explain why I didn't get credited this time around. Forgot to put my name in the email. No biggy.

What's kinda of interesting is it does seem like Fuji TV seems to want to become more aggressive on the anime front, starting with this series. Really hoping this opens up the door for more anime to be on the network, especially since it's been years since Fuji TV has allotted new time slots or allowed other studios to get content on the network during the day.

As for the animation studio, given the network owns it, it's not surprising. Really hope this venture works out for all parties involved. Definitely want to see the series, too.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
don't know this company..

i saw the cover of the series listed but have yet to watch any of them..

Book of Bantorra.. similar to library wars or something?.. people fighting over books? Confused
#Foreverfizz8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope it turns out to be a single-cour anime, so that david production can shift their focus on some more JoJo. Odd pick for the studio, regardless.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
#Foreverfizz8 wrote:
I hope it turns out to be a single-cour anime, so that david production can shift their focus on some more JoJo. Odd pick for the studio, regardless.

Not likely. First off, Fuji TV seems to want to turn this into a big project, equating to that what TV Tokyo does with Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto. They are already planning to sell this overseas as well. Not to mention, Fuji TV also owns the studio in question, so it's actually not that odd in question. Might be unusual for them to work on this project, since they've not worked on that young oriented projects, but since Fuji TV owns them, why not?

Either way, they're probably going to be locked up on this project for awhile, though it might still be possible for them to pick up and do other series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1