• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Ridiculous School Uniform Designs

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
Those tie staples are the most bizarre things I've ever seen in anime. Hell, even in terms of fashion! I read Jojo, for goodness sake, and its fashion doesn't even approach this level of bizarreness!

Now, I understand that fashion in anime doesn't necessarily have to be conventional or realistic. I mean, it is fiction but god damn, fashion in anime can go from barely noticeable to extremely ludicrous. Not just in terms of style, but impracticality as well.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Funny enough, when asked about Katsuragi's uniform and how her breasts stay he the developer just said that they just do.

But you're also right, Senran Kagura is meant to be a shameless fanservice machine so this sort of makes it understandable.

as the Producer would say
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
When it comes to non-standard school uniforms I think the ones from Mahouka are pretty great.
Blue21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
Never liked the Yuru Yuri uniforms since they look like they belong in kindergarten.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Funny enough, when asked about Katsuragi's uniform and how her breasts stay he the developer just said that they just do.

But you're also right, Senran Kagura is meant to be a shameless fanservice machine so this sort of makes it understandable.

Oh my God, no f**kin' way. Is this for real? Damn. That's rad Laughing.
xzy123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
come on now enough with one piece joke ranking
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
What? Dr. Asaki Fueguchi from Tokyo Ghoul is on the list of untrusted doctors? Why? That's Hinami's dad, and from what I remember seeing in the anime/manga, he was a pretty swell guy and a decent doctor.

Now, the other doctor from the Tokyo Ghoul series would be more suitable for this list.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Katsuragi from Senran Kagura

Objection! That one actually belongs on the list of Ridiculous Ninja Outfit Designs. In non-ninja mode the boots are gone and the front is closed, making for a fairly mundane school uniform.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
Have to admit, those make the Cardcaptor Sakura school uniforms look downright conservative...
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Quote:
Katsuragi from Senran Kagura

Objection! That one actually belongs on the list of Ridiculous Ninja Outfit Designs. In non-ninja mode the boots are gone and the front is closed, making for a fairly mundane school uniform.

Was gonna say this, but I was too slow. And the no underwear thing... she's not going commando. She wears panties, and has a strange "bra-thingy"... at least in the game.

I have no problem with Yuru Yuri uniforms...

Last edited by Yuri Fan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
He has no shame and is fully aware of it. He always plays his ridiculous sexist opinions straight.

No mention of Highschool DxD? The uniforms highlight the figure and for some reason the character's nipples show through.

No Actually, I am... either? The uniform policy in that show is nonexistent.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
Nice that a doctor from Franken Fran made the list of most questionable doctors yet how exactly it wasn't Fran herself remains a mystery. There's elective surgery and then there's selective surgery and then there's "be careful what you wish for" surgery...

Shou Tucker's an Alchemist, not a doctor. No clue why anyone would go to him for any health related issues unless they had gold fever.

Oh, and any list of questionable school uniform aspects that doesn't include Green Green's green greens is a list that is incomplete.

But yeah, light green with dark green highlights. Because it's in a forest, you know?
GoldenPincers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
I actually really like the uniforms in 11Eyes, they are pretty cool... though they'd be a pain to wear for girls
martinic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
Wait, why wouldn't you trust Heaven Canceler? If anything as long as you are not dead he can save your life.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
Voted for Manya. Since I sift through a lot of Dragon Quest doujinshi, I'm aggravated when people use the weird "translations" for perfectly acceptable names like Flora, or even the pseudo made-up/Indian ones like Manya and Minea. It's one thing to turn Kasumi to Misty and Satoshi to Ash when those are incomprehensible gibberish, but Flora's pretty western, no?

Also, shout out to the Bible Black uniforms. They stick out mainly for their colors and design being so unique and sharp.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5