• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mayo Chiki!'s Asano Launches New Light Novel Series in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
I am intrigued. Mayo Chiki is a personal favourite of mine, I adore the story and characters and count Subaru as one of my all time favourite anime females (up alongside Saber, Mayumi and a few others), so I would like to see where this goes.

What I must say, however, is that I'm not too sure about the art style. I was not a fan of Dragonar Academy, part of it was the content of the series itself and the other part was the art style. In this case, while I really like the male lead's design, I'm a little worried about the designs of everyone else.

Hopefully they all turn out well, and the story can be as great as Mayo Chiki (although my expectations are a lot more in check than they were when I went from Toradora to Golden Time).
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
I miss Mayo Chiki, heres hoping this is just like it (with cameos too hehe)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
Not much different from other moe character designs, IMO. It reminded me of Key's/VisualArt's works (Rewrite, Little Busters!).
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Not much different from other moe character designs, IMO. It reminded me of Key's/VisualArt's works (Rewrite, Little Busters!).

... except for the cleavage but you weren't looking at that. I wasn't looking at the faces so maybe we're even.

We've come so far from Super Gals. What, she's changed her hair color from her twin sister, is that all there is to distinguish her as a member a "gal" culture? Or is that part of the premise, that she has no idea what she needs to become? That sounds good for either switching from comedy to drama or just sticking to pure comedy.

I was giving the premise some credit until the "twin girls force guy who finds out -secret- to live with them" plot reveal. One of the twins is a childhood friend- the other twin may or may not be one as well- and then there's the club member who is also a girl and the guy is the one in glasses....

I'd feel more confident about it if the main concept was retained and the harem trappings dropped.
OtakuJose1337

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I really want the second season of Mayo Chiki, but i guesss i'll give this series a try. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1