• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D.Gray-man Manga Gets New TV Anime Series in 2016 With New Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsuukaku478

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_gLHHECf9E/

Might need a full translation to confirm but apparently the manga author said it's a continuation.

作り手が一新されるので、物語は続編ですが全く新しいDグレアニメになると思います。

This confirms that it is a sequel/continuation (続編). My Japanese is fairly rusty, but it says something like "Given that the makers/creators [??producers??] are completely changed, the story is a sequel/continuation but I feel that it will be[come] a completely new/fresh D.Gray-man anime."

Take that translation with a grain of salt - but it's mostly accurate (at the least), and certainly better than Google Translate. Perhaps "completely new" means new staff, new cast, new music, new everything, other than being a plot continuation.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:29 am Reply with quote
I wish this was a remake like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but at least we're getting a continuation. D.Gray-Man is one of my favorite manga series. Although I'm worried that since its been so long since the anime last aired that this might not do well.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
Kurama4Ever! wrote:

Lucky! Wonder if the disks are region free? I might have to import them. Smile

sorry they are region locked, still getting or making a DVD player region free is pretty easy now a days

just look online for a region free code for your make and model of DVD player

on the plus side they come in a box of 3 movies each set
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
So it is a continuation? Whelp, probably means I won't be checking it out.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
D.Gray-man is finally coming back in anime form? Awesome! It's been a long time since I have seen it and I haven't caught up with the manga yet and since the anime hasn't adapted more than 200 chapters since when it last ended off, at least we have a good number of episodes not going to be filler this time.

Also, why are the main characters getting their voice actors replaced instead of sticking with the previous ones? I am confused about that one.

Regardless, 2016 sounds like it is the year of returning old favorites for the anime/manga community!
Tanim Mubaid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
speaking of remakes. WHY THE HELL NOT SOMEONE REMAKE RUROUNI KENSHIN??? RK was one of my most favorite manga of all time, but the origianal apaption by deen was mediocre at best. hell. they didn't even finished the manga and completely ruined the anime in 3rd season by crappiest fillers. Trust and Betryal showed us the deep, gritty and fantastic poteinal that RK has. and an reboot anime of rurouni kenshin faithful to manga would be epic. Please FOR GOD'S SAKE Please SOMEONE, SOME Studio take this to your consideration and Remake the anime adapting the whole manga.
https://visualioner.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/000rurouni-kenshin-wallpaper.jpg
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
@Tanim Mubaid: After the trash that was Reflection & New Kyoto Arc, I would much rather not see any more animated Kenshin unless they bring in a new director that understands the manga & character because as seen with the filler arcs & those two OVAs, Kazuhiro Furuhashi clearly doesn't.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Funi has said that the reason why shows like D. Gray-Man & Kodocha didn't have a completed dub was that they didn't sell well enough. While you can count fansubs/bootlegs being a factor, it also could have been how they advertised/marketed it.

Another reason may have been because of the dub since I remember there was a lot of hate when it first came out.

The hate wasn't for the dub but due to the 1st OP song "7 O'Clock News" had to be replaced with the later opening song "Ultra Relax" since Funimation couldn't license the song from the band Tokio (and due to the same issue, a reference to the band used for a gag in an episode had to be edited too). Kodocha was an old sought-after title that was announced to great fanfare.

Kurama4Ever! wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Funi has said that the reason why shows like D. Gray-Man & Kodocha didn't have a completed dub was that they didn't sell well enough. While you can count fansubs/bootlegs being a factor, it also could have been how they advertised/marketed it.

Unless Funimation made a recent announcement, they've said that they want to license the rest but are currently unable to do so due to licensing issues on the Japanese side. It was released as a s.a.v.e. once they realized that getting the remaining episodes would be very unlikely.

Shhhhhhh........

Happy Festivus, everyone!
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
The article is a bit old and maybe someone else already pointed this out, anyway you may want to correct that "Sheisha". Wink

I think I already commented about the new anime, but since it appears it won't be a reboot but a sequel of the old one, which I sadly not remember much anymore, I think I'll read the manga before watching this new episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Tanim Mubaid wrote:
speaking of remakes. WHY THE HELL NOT SOMEONE REMAKE RUROUNI KENSHIN??? RK was one of my most favorite manga of all time, but the origianal apaption by deen was mediocre at best. hell. they didn't even finished the manga and completely ruined the anime in 3rd season by crappiest fillers. Trust and Betryal showed us the deep, gritty and fantastic poteinal that RK has. and an reboot anime of rurouni kenshin faithful to manga would be [expletive] epic. Please FOR GOD'S SAKE Please SOMEONE, SOME Studio take this to your consideration and Remake the anime adapting the whole manga.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I agree with this post so much, fellow Rurouni Kenshin fan.

NJ_ wrote:
@Tanim Mubaid: After the trash that was Reflection & New Kyoto Arc, I would much rather not see any more animated Kenshin unless they bring in a new director that understands the manga & character because as seen with the filler arcs & those two OVAs, Kazuhiro Furuhashi clearly doesn't.

Again sorry for bumping an old thread, but I agree with this post so much as well, fellow Rurouni Kenshin fan.

I wonder if the director of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood would be up for the job? He did A FREAKINGLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME EPIC WIN job with FMA Brotherhood and I really truly believe he would do just as amazing with a reboot/remake of Rurouni Kenshin and FINISH the manga in anime form INCLUDING the Jinchuu Arc and ALL manga characters (both good and evil) with NO fillers, NO anime only characters and NO pink kimono on Kenshin! And hopefully this same director will keep the original soundtrack because it is a classic that should remain as is for the reboot/remake, and also get better openings and endings and get a better animation studio. And maybe even get most of not all the original Japanese cast back. Very Happy

Maybe VIZ Media can rescue Rurouni Kenshin, redub the original Rurouni Kenshin anime, and get the reboot/remake of the Rurouni Kenshin anime! Very Happy

Maybe this time other countries that dubbed from the crappy Sony dub can redub the original anime, and maybe countries like Italy that never dubbed the anime can actually dub it this time. And other countries that dubbed it straight from the Japanese version can show the anime again in their countries. Smile

Just imagine how wonderful the anime would look and sound with all this! <3>>;;;; What? A guy can dream, can't he? :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6