• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Naruto: Itachi's Story, Tokyo Ghoul Novels, Gangsta.: Cursed Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Even though I'm glad they're releasing the Itachi and Sasuke novels, I don't want them to skip the Gaara, Akatsuki, or Hidden Leaf novels. Sad I hope they release those later.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Even though I'm glad they're releasing the Itachi and Sasuke novels, I don't want them to skip the Gaara, Akatsuki, or Hidden Leaf novels. Sad I hope they release those later.

I wouldn't worry about that too much yet. If the first three Hiden novels had sold poorly, I doubt they'd be bothering to grab so many other light novels. They're probably just trying to capitalize on the interest surrounding the adaptation of the Itachi Shinden novels by getting his and Sasuke's books out sooner. We may have to wait a bit, but unless this next slate of LNs totally tank sales-wise, they'll probably do the rest of the Hiden novels eventually.

Since they're doing the Shinden novels now, I'm hoping they'll grab that other one that's based on one of Jiraiya's novels. Might as well have the whole Shinden set.

One book that I'd really like to see though (but unfortunately, is highly unlikely) is the novelization of Blood Prison. Akira Hagashiyama (who also wrote this Jiraiya book and the Kakashi Epilogue novel) wrote both the movie script and the novelization, but from what I know the novel was based on an earlier draft and diverges quite a bit from the final movie script. Apparently, the book version also pseudo-canonizes BP, as it's apparently in-continuity with Hagashiyama's other Naruto novels. Or so I've heard. I find that very interesting, though unless Viz starts picking up novels based on author's name alone, I don't see them cherry-picking a single movie novelization to localize, even if it does stand out from the rest.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Ooh! Excited about the TG novels! Never knew there was; I hope they're good!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Totes HYPED about the Naruto LNs!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1