• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Active Raid Anime's 2nd Season Announces 4 New Cast Members, July 12 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't even finish the first season with 2 episodes left. It was just so damn bland,with the characters being such a key issue; they were mostly dull archetypes with no real chemistry between. Do give it credit for episode 5, which was thematically strong with the right amount of campy elements to it.
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
WelI, I guess the new key visual is fine. Doesn't really confirm or deny anything about the specifics for the second season. I assume they'll eventually release a promotional video with more details.

The new voice actors aren't too bad either. But once again, without further information regarding their characters, it would be difficult to say anything else at this time.

Themaster20000 wrote:
Couldn't even finish the first season with 2 episodes left. It was just so damn bland,with the characters being such a key issue; they were mostly dull archetypes with no real chemistry between. Do give it credit for episode 5, which was thematically strong with the right amount of campy elements to it.

That might be your opinion, fair enough, but some of us actually didn't have any major problems with the show. I thought it was reasonably entertaining and didn't need (nor attempt) to be anything special.

Contrary to your evaluation, I would argue the characters were generally adequate (save for the villain) and had enough chemistry to serve the main purposes of the material. Honestly, nothing ever felt particularly "boring" for me, but evidently that is a completely subjective matter. That said, nobody is going to force you to watch the continuation. It's your own business.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
The poorly written were a huge problem I had. That and their wasn't really anything propelling the narrative,other than the villains wanting some Mcguffin data. Nothing against people who happened to enjoy the show.
msvitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I couldnt even past episode 2 of season 1.
why does shit like Active raid get 24 eps?
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
My question is, license where?
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
My question is, license where?

Unfortunately, it's both too niche and not popular enough. That's unlikely to happen.

msvitch wrote:

Because they had already decided on the episode length and, regardless of your unnecessary venom, the show had a better reception within Japan than abroad.

Themaster20000 wrote:
The poorly written were a huge problem I had. That and their wasn't really anything propelling the narrative,other than the villains wanting some Mcguffin data. Nothing against people who happened to enjoy the show.

I'll agree that it wasn't an ambitious narrative at all. They may or may not try to change their approach for the second season, but the staff never claimed the show would be particularly serious nor dramatically compelling. In fact, the record states almost the exact opposite.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed the first season, and it's good to see Yukari Tamara doing work again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jree78

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Well I liked it.
+ 光

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:

Trolls like this should be ignored in all forums. They pop in every 'x's second season-something' thread. According to 'the rules', If they're not going to contribute any useful and/or thoughtful discussion, then their posts shouldn't be allowed.

Quote:
2. Post relevant, thoughtful responses; avoid lists and one-liners
jirg1901

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I expected those names (rather the show seemed due for Yoko Hikasa, Risa Taneda, or Ai Kayano, plus of course obligatory Matsuoka). Then again even though there was a typical Jin Akategawa pattern to a lot of it there was a couple really unlikely castings in the first season as well and there will probably be plenty of characters appearing through the season.

Aimi is there because of Pony Canyon though, so should have seen that one I guess.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
I certainly wasn't expecting Sho Hayami (Max Jenius in Macross) in this show, either. I love his voice and hope that he isn't a minor character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1