• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Zero Time Dilemma

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
I need this based game
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear it's great! I was little worried considering the third in a series is usually the weakest. Still have to finish VLR,but looking forward to playing this one!
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
i will miss this series. the first two games can be very difficult and even I had to use a FAQ a few times in VLR. Really looking forward to playing this on tuesday!
Edit: Asys announced on their twitter yesterday that those who pre- ordered the version with the watches, the watches will be delayed due to being damaged in transit from the factory, but the games will ship on time though.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't fault anyone for using a FAQ to help solve puzzles in these games I know VLR had a few that I legit didn't understand the answer to. Let's not even touch upon how to get every ending.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:46 pm Reply with quote
It's a tiny miracle that this game exists, and I'm sad that I'm too broke to even pick up Virtue's Last Reward (and that's been out for years). I'll keep an eye out for this game.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:02 am Reply with quote
Part of the sales problem with VLR had to be that it was an early title for both 3DS and Vita. That's pretty much the only reason I didn't buy it day 1, because I didn't have a 3DS yet and by the time I did all I could find at the store were used copies.

I rectified that by preordering ZTD as soon as possible last summer and eagerly await playing it this upcoming week. Also glad to hear the more cinematic approach to the game, as the only reason I managed to finish VLR was through PS+ on Playstation TV, as handhelds are harder for me to get into these days. Part of the joy of playing story driven games with lots of voice acting is if others can watch along, which is heavily impeded on handhelds.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Not gonna' lie, I am so hyped for my copy to finally reach my grubby little hands in about a week. Part of me is still kind of sad that we get middling cutscenes to replace the fantastic prose bits (because reading about gore was way, way scarier to me than just seeing bits and pieces splattered on a wall), but dangit, I'll take it!

One question, though. I'm not sure how complete your playthrough of the game was, but given that a lot of mention was made of choice outcomes being randomly generated, was that a frustrating factor in trying out new routes? That's pretty the only thing I'm even a little leery about because I'm a twisted individual who will go for every ending, even all the "Bad Ends". ^^;
DLH112

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
It's a tiny miracle that this game exists, and I'm sad that I'm too broke to even pick up Virtue's Last Reward (and that's been out for years). I'll keep an eye out for this game.

the NA PSN flash sale this weekend has VLR 70% off ($7.49), probably because ZTD is about to be released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1