• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Handa-kun

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Really not hyped for this. Naru was like 80% of the original show.
lys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
This is a whole different show that just happens to have a couple characters in common. It has its own charms and is enjoyable in a different way :) (but I will say that reading Handa-kun has really deepened my appreciation for Handa's character in both series, so if you want to love Barakamon even MORE, read or watch this for that reason.)
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
I'm usually weary of show that are riding on the coattail of more popular show, especially when there prequel involving the same character because it always feel like they can't progress at all since they need to eventually become the character from the original work. Or worse yet they progress as character, just to almost immediately regress.

At the same time, Handa's mom is my favorite character, so I'll probably watch more just to for that.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Really not hyped for this. Naru was like 80% of the original show.

life in the countryside is interesting

Tom Yusko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I'd agree, I am a bit disappointed in the direction this anime has taken but I enjoyed the first one so much the least I could do is give this one a try. My main gripe is that we know how the story ends, Hanada will win awards and lose his way. Sure there's more to it but in the end whatever adversity ro challenges are presented we ultimately know he'll pull through.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1