• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otomate, Marvelous, Kadokawa Collaborate On Sengoku Night Blood Smartphone Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naniwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
After seeing this, first thing I thought: Is it Sakigumi Shiki then the artist behind the new Hakuouki art since Kazuki Yone left?

They have been very secretive about it, I don't think they ever said who was the new artist after all the criticism (and the fact that the new artist had to imitate Yone and even redraw some of her illustrations). And that Uesugi Kenshin character looks exactly like the latest Hakuouki art style.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Naniwa wrote:
After seeing this, first thing I thought: Is it Sakigumi Shiki then the artist behind the new Hakuouki art since Kazuki Yone left?

They have been very secretive about it, I don't think they ever said who was the new artist after all the criticism (and the fact that the new artist had to imitate Yone and even redraw some of her illustrations). And that Uesugi Kenshin character looks exactly like the latest Hakuouki art style.

I can't tell the difference between the artists. I saw a different news article yesterday about al bunch of otome games being announced and the image with all the guys together was used. I could've sworn they were all drawn by the same person.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
I can't tell the difference between the artists. I saw a different news article yesterday about al bunch of otome games being announced and the image with all the guys together was used. I could've sworn they were all drawn by the same person.

Ah well, I admit that their artstyles are very similar, I guess that's what people likes on otomes lately. But for someone who is familiar with the games and has played them and such, it's easy to recognize the different artists. They are all artists from popular games like Amnesia, Norn9, Code Realize, etc.
Navigatoria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Naniwa wrote:

Yeah, it says on the site for this new game that they're the person doing the artwork for Hakuouki now (and they're also working on another new game called Kurenai no Homura I think).

That whole situation was really shady but at least they are giving this artist some recognition now.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Navigatoria wrote:
Naniwa wrote:

Yeah, it says on the site for this new game that they're the person doing the artwork for Hakuouki now (and they're also working on another new game called Kurenai no Homura I think).

That whole situation was really shady but at least they are giving this artist some recognition now.

Thank you for this info! I'm glad they are finally giving credit to this artist for their work.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
*cries that predecessor of Yone tho, it hits me since she's not in Otomate anymore but hory shiet all of these artists are the legendary otome artists from Otomate/Idea Factory(Hakuoki 2.2, Norn9, WOF etc) this must be a huge budget-project since they're affiliating with Kadokawa, now this raises our hopes up of it getting a western localization.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1