• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Danganronpa V3 Game to Bundle Original Anime on January 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Funny enough the main character looks like Sonia nevermind
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Weary of promotional material since they have mislead before, but I really want the protagonist be the real deal. Please don't despair me!
Nyren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Weary of promotional material since they have mislead before, but I really want the protagonist be the real deal. Please don't despair me!
It seems a little strange to me. Prior to TGS the promotional materials featured the robotic looking guy front and center like he was the protagonist and Spike Chunsoft never corrected media outlets. Now they come out and say that this woman is the protagonist? It confuses me a little. So either they changed main characters mid-development for some inconceivable reason, or there's more to it than we know. Maybe they're both the protagonists and you either choose one before the start of the game and play through two different sides of the story, or you switch between them as the story progresses.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
So this Kaede Akamatsu girl's a pianist, huh?

Pianos, keyboards, organs, etc.?

Well, she's hit all the right keys to the organ that is my heart. Anime hyper
Tri-GuyDVD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Hope we get a north American release of the anime. I've always wanted to see Danganronpa 2 animated.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Tri-GuyDVD wrote:
Hope we get a north American release of the anime. I've always wanted to see Danganronpa 2 animated.
I can't see them doing Danganronpa 2 justice, I mean the first game had the better story of the two and yet the anime based on it was ass.
Yourewrong9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
lol clown, the first game as nothing on the second game. Not only did the second game connected all the dots from the first game AND added new stuff, the variety of characters was also better " I mean the first game had the better story of the two" first time i ever hear this in my life. Where were the feels in the first game btw?
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Yourewrong9 wrote:
lol clown, the first game as nothing on the second game. Not only did the second game connected all the dots from the first game AND added new stuff, the variety of characters was also better " I mean the first game had the better story of the two" first time i ever hear this in my life. Where were the feels in the first game btw?
first off I was not bashing the second game as I did enjoy it, and I agree the cast was better, that said I liked the first game's story better (and that's my personal opinion there's no reason for insults) because spoiler[I wasn't a fan of the virtual world plot twist at the end it took the sense of danger out when you realize that they don't actually die (except for poor chiaki seeing how she's an ai but that's besides the point)] I loved the new stuff they added in Danganronpa 2 and there was a lot they improved upon and I even prefer Hajime to Makoto.
Yourewrong9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
[/quote] first off I was not bashing the second game as I did enjoy it, and I agree the cast was better, that said I liked the first game's story better (and that's my personal opinion there's no reason for insults) because spoiler[I wasn't a fan of the virtual world plot twist at the end it took the sense of danger out when you realize that they don't actually die (except for poor chiaki seeing how she's an ai but that's besides the point)] I loved the new stuff they added in Danganronpa 2 and there was a lot they improved upon and I even prefer Hajime to Makoto.[/quote] the plot twist is why the whole story can make sense as a whole. And they finally connected the dots in the Despair and Hope arc so it could reach a proper conclusion. Also i dont see how D1 is better but if that what you think oh well
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
so in one of the screenshots used for the game on amazon.jp spoiler[there are two portraits of what looks like asahina and kyoko in the background wearing the clothes from the first game. like no joke]
source: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01M12OU4X/
it is the screenshot with a girl in red with dark hair. spoiler[they are behind her and the letters]
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Funny enough the main character looks like Sonia nevermind

Actually she looks like Natsumi Kuzuryuu, just with bigger breasts, having an ahoge, purple eyes and the lack of blush stickers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1