• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Creator Hiroyuki Shoji Passes Away at 46

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
Wow. What an unfortunate thing to happen(if true). I hope his family and friends can get through this. Thank you for having an impact on our child/adulthood.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
R.I.P it's very sad to hear that he's gone even though I haven't read or heard any of his works Sad

Btw, how many people in the anime industry has died in these 2 weeks? This is just too grim man.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
This is sad and disturbing, as there's so many news lately concerning of people related to the industry being dead from various circumstances. I don't know whether this is a coincidence or not but nonetheless, may this person and those before him rest in peace. Good luck in the afterlife.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:28 am Reply with quote
So initial investigation show no sign of foul play? Still unfortunate, though.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is horrible... Poor man, and he was so young. RIP.

(Remember people: always wear a helmet when you're riding a bike. I myself was hit by a car last week, and if I hadn't been wearing a helmet I would have fractured my skull and broken my glasses as I fell on the ground.)

Last edited by SHD on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
No head gear, I wonder? A shame...
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
This is so tragic. I can't help but wonder if he might have survived if he were wearing a helmet, but either way it seemed so much time had passed by the time someone found him that it may not have made any difference.

My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
An unfortunate and terrible death. Sad R.I.P., Mr. Shoji-san.

A sober remind to always wear a helmet when cycling on particularly steep paths.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
This is sad and disturbing, as there's so many news lately concerning of people related to the industry being dead from various circumstances. I don't know whether this is a coincidence or not but nonetheless, may this person and those before him rest in peace. Good luck in the afterlife.

Somebody with a grudge against the anime/manga industry got hold of a death note.

But on a side note, RIP to Hiroyuki Shoji. Your impact to this world has been felt.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
One of our neighbors was just seriously injured in a bicycle accident recently... (He was hit by a car though.) It is far more dangerous that you might think to ride bikes in this world. Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
the most important question is that did he wear a helmet?
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Holo Wolfgod wrote:
the most important question is that did he wear a helmet?
No helmet by the look of it since his death is caused by head injury. In my country, riding bikes is rare as a form of transportation unless people are still a kid. Despite the nation looked small on the map, a lot of things is so far apart from another that most people took the convenience of riding motorcycles or using cars to get any where, or through public transport. All bike rider that I kept seeing on the side of a long road are either contestant for those bike riding competition or some poor people that couldn't afford better vehicles. I'm myself used a motorcycle since most of my daily destination isn't worth cycling to. A lot of people here doesn't respect bike rider as well through my observation, seeing that there's multitude of cases involving cars crashing into bike user or worse, truck also served their "responsibility" of joining in the crash which would normally killed someone. Apparently the government here doesn't give much shit or condonement to use bicycle here unlike Europe which has lots of people using bicycle from what I heard. Not much for an encouragement to be seen as positive here any way since people really like to crash into bikers.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
No head gear, I wonder? A shame...

Then again, head gear doesn't necessarily lesson the chances of death. Still, my condolences to his loved ones.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 am Reply with quote
Man,what's going on here? Does the Grim Reaper has something against the manga and anime industry or what? I haven't heard of this guy before now but from what I've read of him,he didn't deserve to die at his age. What an awful way to go. Sad

RIP Mr. Shoji. You left us far too soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1