• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Heavy Object Part 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I am not a mecha fan but it looks like Heavy Object is a show that I might like.
When I do watch mecha I am usually more interested in the technical aspects of the machines and weapons than in the actual fighting and politics.
I also prefer characters who are ordinary soldiers, or technicians, rather than elite pilots. Or, to put it another way, characters who are more like me.
I do plan to watch Heavy Object, but I will wait until Funimation releases a complete series collection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
This anime was such a snoozefest that I am afraid of checking "Index".
Are they similar?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Not too much. The character's inclination to being long winded about world building explanations is pretty much the only thing I can say is significantly similar.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
If there was a pop-culture reference you could compare Heavy Object to, it would be slightly naughty and futuristic MacGyver.

Thinking out of near impossible situations isn't everybody's game, but the show was fun.

I did wish there was more to flesh out things and to have some kind of world changing effect to conclusion. It didn't seem to end with world change, it seemed to been cut off.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
This anime was such a snoozefest that I am afraid of checking "Index".
Are they similar?

not at the slightest. for one thing quenther and havia arent touma. their by far so gary stu male characters and arent as oblivious towards girls, though quenther definitely have his moments of obliviousness (see eps 6 & 7 as well as 14 & 15) and the same tendency of having girls that meet him take a serious liking to him just like touma (see eps 19-24). hell one would say that when it comes to their connections to the opposite sex, those two are definitely polar opposites of imagine breaker other than touma's english dub VA is also voicing havia. sure their not uber perverts ala issei from dxd or tomoki from sora no otoshimono, but they definitely have their perverse moments when their not saving the princess.especially when it comes to women with g cups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1