• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Game, No Life Zero Anime Film's 1st Promo Video Teases Millennia-Old Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:00 am Reply with quote
I haven't read too far into the light novels yet but this looks great so far.

Soundtrack has a good feel while I think those character designs are well made. Premise sounds interesting to from this franchise. I can't wait to see more of Jibril in this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:52 am Reply with quote
Wow... this seems a lot darker than the anime series. I get a different vibe from this. The character designs are good and the music is really beautiful.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:06 am Reply with quote
Love the soundtrack and the animation looks amazing and that new poster of Shuvi just wow.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote
Hype thrusters activated at full power!! Can't wait for this to come out! If I'm remembering correctly the little zell girl is new but either way this is gonna be depressingly awesome.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quote
That was quite an excitingly dark-sounding PV! Smile This film of NGNL is going to be a blast!
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
Better get that season 2 announcement after the credits of this movie :3
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:

I'd say that the chances are pretty good. The purpose behind making a backstory is to deepen the understanding of the *current* story. There wouldn't be much point in doing that if they weren't planning on continuing the main storyline. Well, other than it being a compelling story in its own right. But still, I think the chances of getting a new season are pretty decent now.
RyuDiceFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
It looks great~! i wanna see this and I want a second season more then ever. I really adore this anime.
Ronie Peterson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I'm rooting for the success of my compatriot. I hope they also announce a second season at the end of the film.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
This to me actually looks pretty good. While the story may not be about Sora and Shiro, I'm nonetheless still excited to see what it's about. Maybe they'll reference this film in their next season joking about why there are people in the past who look just like them. I can only imagine how funny it'll sound Sora and Shiro's reaction to their past-selves.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
jaykayjk10 wrote:

I'd say that the chances are pretty good. The purpose behind making a backstory is to deepen the understanding of the *current* story. There wouldn't be much point in doing that if they weren't planning on continuing the main storyline. Well, other than it being a compelling story in its own right. But still, I think the chances of getting a new season are pretty decent now.

While that might be true, they aren't making this specifically for the film.

Afaik, this movie is an adaptation of the 6th volume of the LN series. (I've read volumes 1-5 and am waiting for 6 to hit stores next month.)

The anime series adapted volumes 1-3. Granted volume 6 is a backstory. It makes sense for it to be adapted into an anime film. It's a perfect way to refresh people on the series without actually touching on the main story.

And I agree with you, this does bode well for a second season of the anime series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1