Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online Light Novels Have 20 Million Copies in Print Worldwide


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AksaraKishou



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 1264
Location: End of the World
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
With with half, and arguable the best part, of the series to go, this number is sure to go higher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ParaChomp



Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 1018
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 pm Reply with quote
This is bad, VERY bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3488
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
This is bad, VERY bad.


You're right. The series IS bad. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Touma



Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 2651
Location: Colorado, USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
This is bad, VERY bad.

Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
The series IS bad. Laughing

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
I actually like Accel World better, but SAO is also very enjoyable.

I am very happy that the novels are doing well and hope that we get more of it in all media.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
harminia



Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 1556
Location: australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a Sword Art fan but I can get behind this. The more profitable light novels are world wide, the more people will actually license and translate them, which means more stuff for me to read. So, it's a good situation for me.
Plus, at least it gets the weebs out reading books.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khczvgm





PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Most of the people who hate this series just do it for the sake of hating, and in my opinion this is bullshit.
SAO is a great series and I hope that these sales go higher and higher.
Back to top
ParaChomp



Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 1018
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.

cilinhosan wrote:
Most of the people who hate this series just do it for the sake of hating, and in my opinion this is bullshit.
Many people do review bad pieces of media for a living. It's usually for the sake of satire but when not, there tends to be a reason behind it. Not the case with Sword Art Online. There's no satire behind these reviews that lack personal motivation to exist. I agree, it's different but it doesn't make the arguments invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heishi



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 1207
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
ParaChomp wrote:
This is bad, VERY bad.


You're right. The series IS bad. Laughing



Why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TUSF



Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 191
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.
Your argument is literally "It's bad because I say so, and people with different taste must be in the wrong!"
Very convincing argument. I'm sure you've convinced loads of people of your view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wonderllama



Joined: 01 Jan 2016
Posts: 28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
I like the character design in the show. The animation and soundtrack are great. I even like all the voice actors. It's just the writing that fails everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AksaraKishou



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 1264
Location: End of the World
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
I get triggered when i see these "it's bad and i'm right" comments... It's like watching the Jehovah witnesses...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonny Mendes



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 974
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Touma wrote:
Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.

cilinhosan wrote:
Most of the people who hate this series just do it for the sake of hating, and in my opinion this is bullshit.
Many people do review bad pieces of media for a living. It's usually for the sake of satire but when not, there tends to be a reason behind it. Not the case with Sword Art Online. There's no satire behind these reviews that lack personal motivation to exist. I agree, it's different but it doesn't make the arguments invalid.


So everything that you don't like is bad, and everybody that don't agree with you is just uneducated and wrong.
Just try get out of your bubble and try to look at things from the other side perspective.

There are lots of shows i don't like, but sometimes discussing things with people that like them, led me to return to that show, and even bring me to like that show.

Just try it. It don't hurt to respect the other side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsuraTheDestructor



Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Posts: 426
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Touma wrote:
Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.

cilinhosan wrote:
Most of the people who hate this series just do it for the sake of hating, and in my opinion this is bullshit.
Many people do review bad pieces of media for a living. It's usually for the sake of satire but when not, there tends to be a reason behind it. Not the case with Sword Art Online. There's no satire behind these reviews that lack personal motivation to exist. I agree, it's different but it doesn't make the arguments invalid.


The fanhater is real with this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2565
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Touma wrote:
Why is it bad that so many people like the Sword Art Online franchise?

Apparently a lot of people do not agree with you, and I am one of them. It is strictly a matter of personal taste and preference.
It's bad because those people are uneducated and WRONG.

I haven't watched, well, to pick a few, Akagi and Kaiji. Of what little I've seen of them doesn't make me plan to watch them either, like, ever.

Or, if those happen to be too obscure, let's pick Death Note. That should be well known enough, right? I know the general visuals and outline of the plot, who wouldn't in this fan community. But I have no idea what the appeal of it is supposed to be. I don't plan to watch that either, period.

Now, tell me, if I made rounds claiming people who watch those are wrong, or plainly uneducated (I don't), how exactly would my argument be any different from yours? Touma above is exactly right, it's simply a matter of personal taste and preference...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1601
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means that The Isolator gets more attention as well.

I dropped SAO four volumes into Alicization when I truly got fed up with its terrible pacing, repetitive plotlines and spoiler[Eugeo dying and taking the interesting fights with him], but I bought all of the volumes before Alicization and enjoyed those.

My greatest SAO regret is that the anime didn't end with the lead-in for Alicization. The fan rage would've been exquisite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group