• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Ergo Proxy, Black Cat, Texhnolyze to Catalog

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
Appropriately, "Black Cat" is on the same legal streaming site as "To Love-Ru" as both were created/co-created by Kentaro Yabuki.
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy are 2 of my favorite series and I'm pleased to see them get a new lease of life. But again, only North America. If Crunchy really wants to maintain its lead on the anime streaming business, they have to license worldwide (minus Japan of course).
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
Oh, god. Please add Casshern Sins CR!
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 am Reply with quote
Oh, boy, Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy... those 2 put 99.9% of anime made nowadays to shame. Incidentally I'm in the middle of a Texhnolyze rewatch myself... dammit how I miss those kind of series. No way in hell we are going to get anything so dark, thought provoking and beautiful in this current brain dead-moe infested state of the anime industry Crying or Very sad
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:15 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy are 2 of my favorite series and I'm pleased to see them get a new lease of life. But again, only North America. If Crunchy really wants to maintain its lead on the anime streaming business, they have to license worldwide (minus Japan of course).
These are shared titles from funi they can only stream where funi can. Also love Black Cat!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
I would of liked to re-watch Texhnolyze, before I saw it on some illegal steaming service with fairly low quality. Not really bothered about Ergo Proxy as I have it on DVD, and even then I'm not bothered about re-watching it.
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I would of liked to re-watch Texhnolyze, before I saw it on some illegal steaming service with fairly low quality. Not really bothered about Ergo Proxy as I have it on DVD, and even then I'm not bothered about re-watching it.
Why not just watch on Funi?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Quote:

Many people do not subscribe to both channels. The new set up is that Funimation will host the dubbed version and Crunchyroll will handle the subtitled version. We are currently in transition as not all shows have been transferred. This is what is being announced here.

I used to subscribe to both channels. However I don't usually watch dubs so I dropped Funimation last Fall when the new set up was announced.
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Random Name wrote:
Quote:

Many people do not subscribe to both channels. The new set up is that Funimation will host the dubbed version and Crunchyroll will handle the subtitled version. We are currently in transition as not all shows have been transferred. This is what is being announced here.

I used to subscribe to both channels. However I don't usually watch dubs so I dropped Funimation last Fall when the new set up was announced.
Yes I am aware of this but it is not a valid excuse for watching illegally when what you want to watch is available on an easily accessible service.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:53 am Reply with quote
@Random Name

Ah, I didn't realize what your point was, I agree. However, isn't Texhnolyze one of those shows that preexisted simultaneous streaming? It may not have been available legally at the time.

Speaking for myself, I have always been against illegal watching, but I think our understanding of what constitutes appropriate behavior in others has evolved in the last several years.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I checked and it didn't come up, so either not available in my region or I have to go back to a paid subscription to watch it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
Random Name, the new Funi player is almost unwatchable for non Windows 10 users.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised they haven't brought over Tokyo Ghoul and Steins;Gate, given how popular they are.
s_true_nin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
I am thinking about Crunchyroll subscription right now.
Ergo Proxy is a one of the best anime that I saw.

Does anyone know about Crunchyroll localization plans? I am bad in English and i have no choice to pick out my native language.
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Random Name, the new Funi player is almost unwatchable for non Windows 10 users.
I hate the Funi player as much as the next guy but this just isn't true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2