• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces Haikyu!! English Dub Cast With Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
That sounded good. Smile
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Nishi-chan and Tanaka should be interesting.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
hummm a little off. I was hoping Hinata's voice would have been more high-pitched. Kageyama while not bad is just pretty different from what is Japanese voice sounded like. Seems like those are things I should get accustomed too after 1 or 2 episodes though.

Last edited by GoldCrusader on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
hummm a little off. I was hoping Hinata's voice would have been more high-pitched. Kageyama while not bad is just pretty different from what is Japanese voice sounded like. Seems like those are things I should get unaccustomed too after 1 or 2 episodes though.

I agree on Hinata. I was hoping it would be Greg Ayres.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
hummm a little off. I was hoping Hinata's voice would have been more high-pitched. Kageyama while not bad is just pretty different from what is Japanese voice sounded like. Seems like those are things I should get unaccustomed too after 1 or 2 episodes though.

I agree on Hinata. I was hoping it would be Greg Ayres.

Lol, Hinata’s voice is too low and Kageyama’s is too high. But from what I just heard Hinata’s VA has just enough spirit to be enjoyable. Looking forward to this!

(I can already tell people are going to be upset about Nishinoya’s VA though.)
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Hinata’s voice was great! Lower than I expected but he captured Hinata’s spirit well, and that’s what matters. Kageyama I didn’t like too much, something felt off with his performance, but it could just be the clip. The script itself sounds good, too.

Been pretty dissatisfied with Sentai dubs recently, but this looks to be okay.
xotaku4lifex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Hinata's voice is alright but Kageyama's just doesn't feel Kageyama-like. It's higher compared to what I was expecting. I do want to hear the others tho.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why Kyle Jones insists on casting Bryson Baugus in three straight lead roles so far this year its becoming predictable to say the least. I've watched plenty of Bryson's performances over the last year and I just find him to be far to average for my tastes when it comes to his voice and overall acting ability. Its nice to see Justin Doran slowly becoming apart of the Houston dubbing scene once more its about time. It looks like Rebekah Stevens may be following right behind with a possible full return to the medium within the next six months we shall see.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
:caps on: I have to make this mine! Love the voices plus the special packaging I've been begging for! :caps off:
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
Hinata’s voice was great! Lower than I expected but he captured Hinata’s spirit well, and that’s what matters. Kageyama I didn’t like too much, something felt off with his performance, but it could just be the clip. The script itself sounds good, too.

Been pretty dissatisfied with Sentai dubs recently, but this looks to be okay.
Ushio to Tora and Amagi Brilliant Park had good dubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1