• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love to Lie Angle Yuri Manga Gets TV Anime in 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
It's trashy, but I kinda like it. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
Hope it's not a short.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
This yuri title is fascinating because it pretty much answers "what if we take a crappy harem ecchi romance title and chucked the male lead out and replace him with a female lead?"

Megiddo wrote:
Hope it's not a short.

Seriously, the beginning chapters are really meaty in its content so it will be a shame if gets compressed to 10-minute episodes or whatever.
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
I don't know what this is but I like it! Guess Ill have to start reading it looks like the 5th is being released on the 18th.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yessss more yuri.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This yuri title is fascinating because it pretty much answers "what if we take a crappy harem ecchi romance title and chucked the male lead out and replace him with a female lead?"

Megiddo wrote:
Hope it's not a short.

Seriously, the beginning chapters are really meaty in its content so it will be a shame if gets compressed to 10-minute episodes or whatever.

To which the answer is, its a hundered times better.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
To be fair the love triangle doesn't include relatives or teachers so for a Yuri ecchi show it sounds rather tame.
katscradle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Digital Manga Publishing was scheduled to release the first volume of the manga in English this past January.

It's been out since February I want to say. DMI has just kept it for sale mostly on their Project-H shop even though it's under the PeCChi imprint. I saw maybe two other retailers get limited stock. I was planning to buy it even though its just a silly series since it's nice another North American company is publishing yuri but, the distribution problems stopped me.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.. based on comments here before me, I may want to check this one out. I’ll have to see a PV and the staff before making my decision.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote
katscradle wrote:
Quote:
Digital Manga Publishing was scheduled to release the first volume of the manga in English this past January.

It's been out since February I want to say. DMI has just kept it for sale mostly on their Project-H shop even though it's under the PeCChi imprint. I saw maybe two other retailers get limited stock. I was planning to buy it even though its just a silly series since it's nice another North American company is publishing yuri but, the distribution problems stopped me.

Digital Manga frustrates me to no end as a fan. They just cannot ever manage a series, as almost every one they have tried fizzles out after one or two volumes.

The first two volumes of Secret Devil-chan have faced similar distribution problems as Love To Lie Angle Volume 1. Amazon has listings for all but show none in stock (and seems confused as to whether or not they've even been released) and Right Stuf has carried them in limited amounts (which is how I even knew Devil-chan 2 and LTLA 1 were released in the first place!)

I have my fingers crossed that DMI can get their act together long enough to get that third and final volume of Devil-chan out, but I'm not holding out much hope for any more volumes of Love To Lie Angle. At least this anime will give me a chance to see where the story goes past the character/setting introductions we got in volume 1...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Akcoll99 wrote:
Digital Manga frustrates me to no end as a fan. They just cannot ever manage a series, as almost every one they have tried fizzles out after one or two volumes.

I'm beyond pissed. Their Kickstarters for Kodomo no Jikan and the Psycho Delico digital to print keep getting delayed due to ~*issues*~, and they don't give us updates! They need to learn how to properly manage and run a campaign.
katscradle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Akcoll99 wrote:
The first two volumes of Secret Devil-chan have faced similar distribution problems as Love To Lie Angle Volume 1. Amazon has listings for all but show none in stock (and seems confused as to whether or not they've even been released) and Right Stuf has carried them in limited amounts (which is how I even knew Devil-chan 2 and LTLA 1 were released in the first place!)

I have my fingers crossed that DMI can get their act together long enough to get that third and final volume of Devil-chan out, but I'm not holding out much hope for any more volumes of Love To Lie Angle.

Mmm, yeah pre-orders for Secret Devil-chan are probably useless like some of the others. I guess DMI is finally reevaluating distribution but, I don’t really expect them to fix anything. Think it was a couple of weeks ago they said books like Secret Devil-chan were going exclusive until further notice. They’re supposed to try to contact vendors too since people have pre-ordered all sorts of books that were solicited, but I haven’t seen any cancellation notices yet.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Akcoll99 wrote:

Digital Manga frustrates me to no end as a fan. They just cannot ever manage a series, as almost every one they have tried fizzles out after one or two volumes

I'm beyond pissed. Their Kickstarters for Kodomo no Jikan and the Psycho Delico digital to print keep getting delayed due to ~*issues*~, and they don't give us updates! They need to learn how to properly manage and run a campaign.

Unfortunately I still have some money tied up with them too... hence why I really don't want to pay more than usual for the first volume of a series like LTLA that will take DMI forever to get around to releasing all of, if at all. Also thought it was kind of awful Psyche Delico was one of their YaoiCon guests this year and no books from her were available.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
2018 is yuri's year, baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Read the super long first chapter a long ago. This is a true yuri harem.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wanted to buy the manga, but the shipping costs on DMP's Amazon store made it not worth it for me. Hope the anime is fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1