• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman Light Novels End in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 Please!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
Araragifeels wrote:
Season 2 Please!

Indeed. Sales figures aside, there is more than enough material for perhaps even a 24-epi. season if they were to make one.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 am Reply with quote
It's on my list to watch for a long time, sad that it's another anime with just one season.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
I guess the novels had a pretty good run.
marconii2002

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
Araragifeels wrote:
Season 2 Please!

Forget it. Now Season 2 officially Never
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:46 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I guess the novels had a pretty good run.

21 volumes is nothing to scoff at. though the chances of this series getting a second season is pretty much slim to none. it was more than clear that the anime series was basically a glorified ad promo for the source materials!

and its not that the series is bad. its that when it comes to its genre which is the ecchi/harem fanservice genre, it either have to be in the same standards as highschool dxd , index and danmachi to even process the thought of a new season or become the same as with every other light novel harem adaptation where the series ends with the typical "read the books,kids!" type of ending.

so yea. the chances of this series getting a new anime is slim to none. the same with the light novel let alone the manga getting a US release.

i mean if ecchi/harem series like infinite stratos and kyokai senjou no horizon couldn't even get their source materials released in the US and those two series was just as popular as dxd, then there is no chance in hell world break will get its source materials release in the west AT ALL!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 am Reply with quote
[quote="jr240483"]
BlueAlf wrote:

i mean if ecchi/harem series like infinite stratos and kyokai senjou no horizon couldn't even get their source materials released in the US and those two series was just as popular as dxd, then there is no chance in hell world break will get its source materials release in the west AT ALL!!!!!!

Ahem, Horizon aside, J-Novel Club IS releasing Infinite Stratos in English now.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:51 am Reply with quote
20-ish volumes seems like the standard length for a LN like this, so it did good.

jr240483 wrote:
i mean if ecchi/harem series like infinite stratos and kyokai senjou no horizon couldn't even get their source materials released in the US

JNC is publishing IS in the West though. edit: beaten

And I'm pretty sure the main blocker for the Horizon novels (or anything written by Kawakami) getting localised is the amount of text involved. Fortunately, we have Js06.exe working on Kawakami's books.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1