• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Magical Index (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I think they probably should have ended the season at episode 22 as the final 2 ep. arc just seemed tacked on. "We're about to face all-out war, but first you have to go deal with these bothersome level 0 hoodlums.", and sending both Accelerator and Musujime is really overkill. Overall this season was not quite as good as season 1, but I'd stick around for another one.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I was fine with the finale to be honest. It left me wanting more with the war about to begin and the group Accelerator joined at the end. Still have to agree that this season on the whole just isn't on the first season's level. Looking forward to a third though.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote
Sea Lion wrote:
I don't think there's any doubt there will be a third season of Index, because there's no possible way to resolve this storyline in one episode, unless they roll it over into the second season of Railgun. That won't happen because that's not the kind of show Railgun is.

Well it won't happen since Railgun happens before most of the stuff in Index does.. Season 2 will more than likely be the Railgun version of the MISAKA/Accelerator arc... which imo is still the highlight of Index and the Railgun version is far superior. To show how long that went in the monthly manga... Saten hasn't appeared in the manga for over 2 years....

And yes a 3rd season is guaranteed.. not many sequels sell this much better than the previous season.. though it's probably a case of Railgun adding new fans.

In a best selling list for shows since 2000....

20)  *24,497   2009  JC Staff_______ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
32)  *17,787   2010  JC Staff_______ To Aru Majutsu no Index II ★(2 vols)
62)  *12,126   2008  JC Staff_______ To Aru Majutsu no Index

So yeah Railgun 2 for Fall 11 and Index 3 for Fall 12 more than likely.. I guess Index 3 will cover volumes 13-24 to cover the rest of the novels...

Thank Index New Testament (the sequel to Index) can get animated in Fall 14.. first novel came out like 2 weeks ago.. will probably be double figures by than.
Zork

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
When Accelerator said that he had some overtime work to do, did he actually spoiler[track down all of the contacts in Komaba Ritoku cell phone, including the little girl shown in the cell phone wallpaper?] Or did I miss some point somewhere?
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's put it this way: They better make a third season of Index or else this cliffhanger will really tick me off.

I found it interesting that spoiler[Accelerator, Tsuchimikado, Musujime and the other guy whose name I can't recall are teaming up to take down the higher-ups. That could lead to some righteous action.]

I, too, found Misuzu's drunken antics fun and accurate. If you've ever been around a drunken friend hanging off of you and blowing their alcohol/puke breath in your face, you'd know it's true.

Accelerator ... just, wow. I think that's my new term for someone beating the living crap out of someone else and loving it. "Did you see Jimmy and Tommy fighting behind the school? Man, Jimmy totally accelerated Tommy and landed him in the hospital!"

How else would Index end a season but with spoiler[Index biting Touma during another stay in the hospital after Touma goes off alone and gets beat up?]
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Hello ladies and gents. Thought I'd drop by and tell you that FUNimation is finally starting to stream Index for Elite subscribers. Also, the copyright information they have on the official site on their page pretty firmly implies they've picked up season 2 in its down time. I'm guessing that's the property they intend to announce with their 500,000 Facebook friends challenge.

http://www.funimation.com/a-certain-magical-index
If you don't believe me, check it out yourselves...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
One of my most anticipated show of the year. I've been waiting for this adaptation ever since Season 2 aired many years ago and it's finally coming. After seeing the PV, I'm definitely impressed by the amount of content shown and it seems JC Staff will be trying to adapt as much as possible for the third season.

It will most likely be 24-25 episodes similar to the other seasons and I'm super excited for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:57 am Reply with quote
I'm going to pre-empt everyone and say that "it was better in the novels"

Now according to internet etiquette no one can say that in this thread anymore, and the thread will be tolerable.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Wow, it's been so long!

We got a brief recap of Touma's narrating from events of the second season. New OP song is nice, there's actually quite an impressive number of characters in it that's shown including some battles involving God's Right Seat. Index herself is back too of course with Touma and I feel like their chemistry is still fun to watch even after all this time.

Misaka and her friends are back too! This felt more like an introductory episode that gets the audience to regain the feeling of the Index franchise. And I'd say, it's working rather well.

Overall, definitely a solid start. It felt like the Index franchise I remember all this time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah it has been a long time. First season was late 2008, second was late 2010, and the movie was released in Japan in 2013, with Railgun released in late 2009 and 2013. It now 2018, it is good they gave that recap, because even re-watches were quite a while now.

Why wasn't Saten with Misaka, Kuroko and Uiharu. is it because she is foreign to the original source? At the same time, there was a little bit of the exoskeletons shown, which I remember them having more of a big part in Railgun.

We got some same old moments like Misaka kicking a vending machine, never gets old. An old lady being shot is new though.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
I wonder how a good amount of its fans back in 2008 growing out of shounen age will affect the sales of these new seasons.
srlracing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone licensed this one yet?
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to this
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:40 am Reply with quote
Just curious but any idea what arcs are planned to be adapted:

I know of the spoiler[C document] arc

and I expect spoiler[Battle Royale, Acqua of the back and British Halloween]

is there anything else i'm missing because i'm already concerned about how they will adapt all the novels invovled
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
From the OP those are the arcs we're getting this cour.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 32