• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hugtto! Precure Anime Film's Clip Shows Battle Scene

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
This is pretty epic.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's the first time I ever heard of a Precure film winning an award and at least they are focusing on the anniversary (now there's also new Cure Black and Cure White plushies being re-released).

How is Hugtto, just wondering? Good or bad?
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:

IMHO it's great. I've hooked on precure series because of it (already watched gopri, heartcatch and right now watching doki doki).
Testarossah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:

Like dark_bozu said, it's great. One of the best seasons if not the best one, a lot of friends of mine started Precure franchise with Hugtto and even though they never watched anything like that, they are still loving it.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
Wow, that's the first time I ever heard of a Precure film winning an award and at least they are focusing on the anniversary (now there's also new Cure Black and Cure White plushies being re-released).

It's a solid one, not sure if my favorite (that would be Splash Star) but I think it's good jumping point into franchise.

It is a long running show so there will be some filler stuff but I really like how it deals with more mature themes and concepts.

There are 3 crossover episodes that might be confusing but in the same time they include some of best looking fights in the franchise, so there are things to enjoy even if you don't know those characters.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
wt! we got glorious CGI here folks. Reminds me mo land of the lustrous. Good job Toei.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
My experience with past Precure shows is very limited but I've enjoyed Huggto a lot. I'm really impressed with how much emotional depth they're giving to the characterization and it has some of the most impressive animation I've seen in a magical girl anime. Huggto is directed by Junichi Sato who is most well known for working on classic shoujo like Princess Tutu and Pretear and he also directed the first season of the original Sailor Moon anime and the Doom Tree arc. Though I'm aware Sato has no involvement with this movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1