• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The manga could very well have ended right here, and consider itself an entirely self-contained and deeply rewarding story of coming to love yourself.

Yamazaki-san seem to design the arc's climax as a season finale in mind. (Which given that anime version had already started during it probably was part of the intent.) But I'm very glad that Magus' Bride is continuing on. It is such a wonderful and moving manga and I want see Chise who's now fully gained the will to live grow even more and overcome the curse of the Sleigh Buggy.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
I will say this volume was both disturbing and tense enough that what was presented made for a very satisfying end to this arc. I also feel as if we haven't seen even a tiny percent of the power Elias is capable of in his true form either, not even close. I'm more curious about him than anyone else and hopefully that gets addressed at some point down the line.

Secret desire: Considering the themes, I want Elias and Chise as part of a crossover collab in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. We need an anime collab in that game, and these two would be perfect considering the emphasis on magic.

Last edited by belvadeer on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Does the manga have the whole spoiler[wedding scene] from the anime finale? I enjoyed Magus Bride as a whole but I remember that scene feeling a bit tacked on in the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1