• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konosuba Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
It will be very interesting to see Cristina Vee as Darkness.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope they reveal the cast for the latin-american spanish version soon as well
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Arnie's mustache: real or fake?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I was initially disappointed that FUNimation wasn't dubbing this because now the best casting choice ever, Alejandro Saab as Kazuma, won't happen. Sad However, there's no denying how strong this voice cast is, and they're being directed by Alex von David, one of the best voice directors in the business. This dub has the potential to be incredible, and even though Kaggy isn't Kazuma (a missed opportunity, I'd say), I'm really looking forward to seeing how Arnie Pantoja does.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Erica made note on Twitter that the dubbing for Konosuba was done before the Crunchyroll/Funimation split, so it remains unclear whether or not Crunchyroll will release Konosuba through Funimation (if it was part of their partnership) or not. Here's hoping it gets a physical release either way!

-Marc.
MaoC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Very mixed on this dub. I'm exicited for that they chose a very strong ADR director, Alex von David but it's the usual suspects found in many of the Bang Zoom dubs (obviously expect for Kazma). Hoping they would chose someone unexpected.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
It will be very interesting to see Cristina Vee as Darkness.

My guess is she'll sell it for all it's worth.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
I was initially disappointed that FUNimation wasn't dubbing this because now the best casting choice ever, Alejandro Saab as Kazuma, won't happen. Sad However, there's no denying how strong this voice cast is, and they're being directed by Alex von David, one of the best voice directors in the business. This dub has the potential to be incredible, and even though Kaggy isn't Kazuma (a missed opportunity, I'd say), I'm really looking forward to seeing how Arnie Pantoja does.

I agree Kaggy would have been great for Kazuma, I always had Luci Christian as Aqua in my head, but alas it won't happen do to this being a Crunchyroll dub.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Given the exceptional job Alex Von David did in producing an appropriately loose, but still quite faithful, adaptation of KILL la KILL, the dub certainly has an improved chance at turning out well, given the show's peculiarities.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Taskforce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm personally glad this Funimation/Crunchy deal has come to a close. Finally get to hear someone besides the same old cast on near every show that airs each season. Really glad they had someone besides Funimation dub Shield Hero as well.
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
damn, I broke down and finally watched this series subtitled because I didn't think it was going to get dubbed. Thoroughly enjoyed the series but would have waited for the dub if I had known it was.coming.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:
I'm personally glad this Funimation/Crunchy deal has come to a close. Finally get to hear someone besides the same old cast on near every show that airs each season. Really glad they had someone besides Funimation dub Shield Hero as well.

Funi doesn't use the "same old cast" every show but ok Rolling Eyes
Vannil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:

Um, Bang Zooom uses the same 15 VAs for just about everything they do. Funi at least mixes it up with their dubs.

I'm glad the dub (for the first season) is coming out so soon.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Taskforce wrote:

Funi doesn't use the "same old cast" every show but ok Rolling Eyes

Seriously. I mean, take one look at the English voice cast for Goblin Slayer (one of the biggest shows of last season) and tell me how many voice actors you even recognize. Besides, it's not who you cast in roles, it's HOW you cast.

And honestly, I'm personally happy FUNimation's voice actors don't have to deal with that Shield Hero nonsense.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:

That criticism is honestly more truthfully directed at Bang Zoom and other California studios now. Erica Mendez and Christina V show up in a lot of things. I'm kind of tempted to guess that Kaiji Tang will be in this dub, too, but I could be wrong there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3