• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime's New Video Reveals More Ca

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Man, July is looking quite good. Smile Looking forward to it.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote
The only thing better than this when it comes to isekai is if a 4th season of Dog Days was announced.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Their names are Porta and Medhi!
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 pm Reply with quote
This looks weird, but interesting. Lemme guess, we're gonna have a mother as a magical girl, by the way the poster suggests, besides the typical RPG/fantasy setting town?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Reading the LN, it was what I was expecting it to be. Hints of ecchi situations here and there, but has the underlining bond with a kid and his mom’s love for each other (and no, not in that way.... yet). In all seriousness, there’s those moments that you can relate to when you were a teen going thru your ‘not now mom, I’m busy,’ phase, then you get to certain moments in the story where in real life you think “you know, I should call my mom, just to see how she’s doing.” I’m looking forward to those homily moments animated between Masato and Mamako.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:27 am Reply with quote
nononono and NO!
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:28 am Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
This looks weird, but interesting. Lemme guess, we're gonna have a mother as a magical girl, by the way the poster suggests, besides the typical RPG/fantasy setting town?

(I read the first volume and while I hated it, I'll read the second eventually but I can address the premise real quick.)

The mother is not a magical girl. The idea is that it's a government endorsed experiment that allows mothers and child to enter a virtual gaming world in the hopes of deepening their relationship. The mother wields two super amazing magic swords (fire and water infused which can be seen at the very edge of the photo in her bag) and is super powerful while her son is purposely not- causing him to rely on her although it's clear she has no idea what she is doing.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, I see. I thought it was like that because of the outfit she's wearing in the promo.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd read there was some uncomfortable stuff in the Mom/Son relationship but I can't find where. I hope it's not true because a mother/son story done the right way will be a beautiful thing.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
I thought I'd read there was some uncomfortable stuff in the Mom/Son relationship but I can't find where. I hope it's not true because a mother/son story done the right way will be a beautiful thing.

Agreed, if I see anything like that happen here I'm jumping ship.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1