• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket Anime's 2 Episodes Delayed Due to French Open Broadcast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Shit. The French Open keeps messing up my anime viewing.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Do we know how many episodes it's going to run for? The original anime adaptation was something like 26 episodes, and it didn't cover the whole story. So I assume this remake will be something like 36-50 episodes?
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
The total episode count hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think it's likely to run for 50 EPs, given the manga's content.
LGB

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:46 pm Reply with quote
An interview with Yuki's English VA, Eric Vale, came out today. In it he states:

“So now they’ve redone the show, in full, telling the whole story, beginning to end, 63 episodes in total.”

It seems we will be getting 63 episodes!

http://getjumped.buzzsprout.com/184661/1203227-eric-vale-interview-anime-central-2019[/url]
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Who's going to be up in the middle of the night watching sports?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Inverti Herikawa wrote:
The total episode count hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think it's likely to run for 50 EPs, given the manga's content.

Ya'll need to keep in mind that officially this is called "Fruits Basket 1st Season" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h72iAZ9otM ) so it could be ANY number of episodes ...12, 24, 36.. we don't know yet. Seasons can be any number of cours, after all. 1st Season blu-ray page shows 6 volumes right now https://fruba.jp/blu-ray_dvd_cd/ but only Vol1 has episode listed and it's 4 episodes. If we assume they keep at that, 1st season will be 24 episodes. I've heard people say the manga has enough content for like 100 episodes and others say 50...so I can't even begin to guess how many total episodes we'll get in however many seasons because of the conflicting estimates.

Quote:
Episode 9 will air as scheduled on AT-X on June 1 at 9:00 p.m.

So...is the Funi delay only 2 day then?
Key

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Hardly the first time something like this has happened; in fact there seem to be at least a couple of such occurrences each year.

I would expect much bigger disruptions during the Summer 2020 season, when the Olympics are in town.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:
Do we know how many episodes it's going to run for? The original anime adaptation was something like 26 episodes, and it didn't cover the whole story. So I assume this remake will be something like 36-50 episodes?

Given how slowly this adaptation has been covering the manga (episode 8 didn't even get to the end of the second volume), my current guess is that it's planned to run for three seasons, and each of them will be 24 episodes long.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:

It says Season 1, and I dunno why I assumed 12 episodes but the closer we get to 12 the more I feel like that is off.

So I guess that depends on how many seasons they plan on.
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:

Given how slowly this adaptation has been covering the manga (episode 8 didn't even get to the end of the second volume), my current guess is that it's planned to run for three seasons, and each of them will be 24 episodes long.

I agree with this.
No way it'll be 50 episodes for the whole deal.
I think some people have no idea how much goes on in the manga after the original animes cut off point but it's a LOT.

72 - 76 episodes seems like a realistic amount.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Kaori Makimura wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:

I agree with this.
No way it'll be 50 episodes for the whole deal.
I think some people have no idea how much goes on in the manga after the original animes cut off point but it's a LOT.

72 - 76 episodes seems like a realistic amount.

I think that's about as many episodes as they'd need to fully cover everything, I'm just wondering whether the production company would be willing to do anything beyond a 4-cour, even beyond a split up double 2-cour.

But given how much Takaya had to approve everything and how committed they are to adapting everything...it might just happen.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Who's going to be up in the middle of the night watching sports?

If people watch anime in the middle of the night, I think there are some people watching sports at late night.

I will miss this episodes. spoiler[Tooru will ne meeting Hatsuharu. I like the character.] But I can wait.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:

One of the voice actors apparently recently said in an interview that it was 63 episodes, but not sure if that's accurate since nothing's officially announced (just seems like a pretty specific number to just throw out there), so maybe around 5 cours?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Given that the official website lists 6 volumes of Blurays and DVDs for this first season and lists the first two volumes with episodes 1-4 and 5-8, respectively, this first season will be two cours, unless the remaining 4 volumes only contain 1 episode each.

It's too bad that it will be delayed for 2 weeks.
BakaRocka

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:04 pm Reply with quote
@France

I just wanna talk
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2