• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trails Series' Next Game to Launch in Japan by September 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I got excited for half a second thinking it was Cold Steel 4 when I saw 2020 cause of Rean and then I saw the words "Japan" and excitement died.

I mean I'm all for Legends of Heroes though. Series is my second favorite.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this game will be set in a different setting since the fourth game is the last one and feature a whole different cast, that's what am i thinking about?
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I wonder if this game will be set in a different setting since the fourth game is the last one and feature a whole different cast, that's what am i thinking about?

It's guaranteed to be different. Each major arc in the series has taken place in a different country with a different protagonist. Cold Steel 4 only finished off the story's midpoint and there are still plot points that haven't had their pay off after a decade and half of setup in Sky FC.

I'm just hopeful they'll lean off the school backdrop finally.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

It's guaranteed to be different. Each major arc in the series has taken place in a different country with a different protagonist. Cold Steel 4 only finished off the story's midpoint and there are still plot points that haven't had their pay off after a decade and half of setup in Sky FC.

I don't mean to disappoint anyone, but if I heard correctly this game won't be starting a new major arc. It was awhile ago but I remember people referring to it as more of an in between arcs type of game or a cold steel 4.5 in a way.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Kisuke525 wrote:
Morry wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I don't mean to disappoint anyone, but if I heard correctly this game won't be starting a new major arc. It was awhile ago but I remember people referring to it as more of an in between arcs type of game or a cold steel 4.5 in a way.

Ya, I remember also hearing on a Cold Steel board that there supposed to be a Cold Steel 5, or something that's in-between, kind of like Sky's 3?

I think they also might of hinted at the two new protagonists in a cover they did. It has all the casts and then two new people with their backs turned away.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
Kisuke525 wrote:
Morry wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

Ya, I remember also hearing on a Cold Steel board that there supposed to be a Cold Steel 5, or something that's in-between, kind of like Sky's 3?

I think they also might of hinted at the two new protagonists in a cover they did. It has all the casts and then two new people with their backs turned away.

Ya from what it sounds like it's gonna be kinda like sky 3. I don't think they have said much about the game yet though so I can't say for sure. To be honest though I kinda don't wanna know since I haven't even finished cold steel 3 yet lol.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:50 am Reply with quote
I wish the Crossbell games would get remakes or something so they'd have a chance at being localized for once. I know there are fan translations but buying the copies for those is a hassle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1