• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Shiny New Hardware

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I happen to like Kid Chameleon!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Trials of Mana is looking great! Need to try the RE3 demo next.
Man, what a great recent set of demos with these and FF7R's demo a couple of weeks ago.

Also, totally hyped for PS5.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:38 pm Reply with quote
PS5 was such a letdown after MS showed their superior hand. Sony went too far into the SSD speed that only exclusives will use since devs cater to the lowest spec for that kinda thing. More GPU power always translates to more FPS. From that persepctive, MS wins hands down.

RE3 demo was a ton of fun...hard to get use to timing the dodges tho!

I really want to try Animal Crossing but I really hated the mobile game.
RDespair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am Reply with quote
"Trials of Mana is a full-on remake of the famously never-localized Super Famicom game Seiken Densetsu 3"

Might want to edit that since it was localized last year as part of the Collection of Mana compilation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saury

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 am Reply with quote
No mention of Doom Eternal?
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't think they normally make a habit of reporting on non-Japanese (or non-Asian) games in this column. So, no... no Doom, no Borderlands, no Minecraft or what have you.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
PS5 was such a letdown after MS showed their superior hand. Sony went too far into the SSD speed that only exclusives will use since devs cater to the lowest spec for that kinda thing. More GPU power always translates to more FPS. From that persepctive, MS wins hands down.

I personally don't think it'll matter really while the PS3 did have the weird thing with versions of multiplatform games being locked at 30 FPS unlike the Xbox 360 counterparts largely everyone forgot.

The only thing that'll matter is how expensive the systems are in relation to each other as that was a key issue with both the PS3 and the One.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 am Reply with quote
^I agree that the main thing will be the costs of the two. My favorite podcast ( PCWorld ) was putting their best guess at over $600 US, and maybe over $700. At that level, if one is $100 less, that is going to make a lot of difference.

Although they were very impressed by the XBox's hardware. But everyone is still waiting for a price.
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
The only thing that'll matter is how expensive the systems are in relation to each other as that was a key issue with both the PS3 and the One.

But the PS3 outsold the 360. It all comes down to what games it has. Xbox has traditionally only done well in America. PlayStation does well worldwide. Ditto for Nintendo. Short of Sony screwing the pooch and going digital only like Xbox tried to do before backing out, I don't see why this generation will be any different than the last 3.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:10 am Reply with quote
Horsefellow wrote:
But the PS3 outsold the 360.

.....Eventually and by less than 3 million while both systems were active on the market the 360 was outright dominating the PS3 another problem with the PS3 the system was in the red for half it's lifespan.

Horsefellow wrote:
Xbox has traditionally only done well in America.

Japan is largely the only market where the Xbox has never sold more than 2 million sytems.

Horsefellow wrote:
PlayStation does well worldwide.

The 360 outsold the PS3 in the U.S. and the U.K. last gen.

Horsefellow wrote:
Ditto for Nintendo.

.....Not for the WiiU nor the Gamecube which sold less than the systems they succeeded.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1