• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Man and His Cat GN 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I just started reading this series and I loved volume 1, so I'm happy to hear that it keeps on being ridiculously sentimental, in the best way.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm absolutely loving the live action right now as well, it's so charmingly ridiculous and ridiculously charming. I've cried twice! Watching these two lonely souls heal each other is a delight Smile
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize that more volumes came out. I have the 1st one on my shelf and loved it so I'm definitely going to get the rest.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:06 pm Reply with quote
As a vet tech and cat daddy of 6 (all being rescues) I need this series. Especially since I have adopted unwanted cats, and fostered others.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:43 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
As a vet tech and cat daddy of 6 (all being rescues) I need this series. Especially since I have adopted unwanted cats, and fostered others.

You are actually the first person I thought of when I started reading this series.
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
I'm absolutely loving the live action right now as well, it's so charmingly ridiculous and ridiculously charming. I've cried twice! Watching these two lonely souls heal each other is a delight Smile

There's a live action? I have to seek it out! Normally Japanese TV dramas are not my thing (and especially live action adaptations of manga) but this might just work...

(Edit: I just watched the trailer, and oh no, that cat is terrible. But I guess it's either this, or a very obviously uncaring and unaffected real cat... cats are terrible actors.)
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:44 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:

There's a live action? I have to seek it out! Normally Japanese TV dramas are not my thing (and especially live action adaptations of manga) but this might just work...

(Edit: I just watched the trailer, and oh no, that cat is terrible. But I guess it's either this, or a very obviously uncaring and unaffected real cat... cats are terrible actors.)

The cat puppet is obvious, but also adorable- you get over how hilariously bad it is after about 10 seconds, because then all you can see is a sweet cuddly cat who just wants to be loved. It's great, and so worth watching, trust me. Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

You are actually the first person I thought of when I started reading this series.

Why ever would that be lol? I went and got vol 1 to check it out. Using some of that stimulus cash on a manga bundle and I figured I should definitely check this out.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Why ever would that be lol? I went and got vol 1 to check it out. Using some of that stimulus cash on a manga bundle and I figured I should definitely check this out.

It's a mystery. Very Happy

I hope you like it and I've been meaning to tell you that I 100% support your defense of trash pandas. (And that I agree that possums are cute. Really the only animal I'm not a huge fan of are fisher cats.)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Trash Panda crew represent yo!

I showed my gf the review and she checked it out on RightStuf. I think she's already planning to buy vol 2 along with more Plum Crazy and Natsume's Book of Friends.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:

While I know this is about volume 3, I just finished volume 1 as my manga order came in Friday. Yea, definitely going to be getting the rest of the series that is out, and as it comes out. It definitely is just feel good hallmark candy for your brain.

Imagine if the MC from She and Her Cat was older. Then the series cross over. The MC's meet and start dating. The cats start "dating". Then it's one big happy family of two broken people, and their cats, coming together. Hallmark HEA explosion.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Imagine if the MC from She and Her Cat was older. Then the series cross over. The MC's meet and start dating. The cats start "dating". Then it's one big happy family of two broken people, and their cats, coming together. Hallmark HEA explosion.

...<--brain attempting to process insane amounts of cute

I need that story!!!

Meanwhile one of my cats successfully pulled down the shower curtain liner by rolling himself into it like a weird little burrito this morning. Actually, I think first he ripped a hole in it, got stuck in the hole, pulled it down, and then rolled himself up in it. He seemed very pleased with himself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1