• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The World Ends With You Anime's 3rd Video Previews ASCA's Ending Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:30 am Reply with quote
What is the deal wtih Ilya?
He is pretty average at best and his work on Ghost in the Shell was mediocre.
Why do studios keep wanting to work with him?
There are way more better artists to work in animation.
Nanashi95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:26 am Reply with quote
The soundtrack of the anime is something that really concerns me. The music in the game was one of my alltime favorite soundtracks and I listen to some of the songs almost daily. If they change the music too much, that would be something that would really ruin the anime for me.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:09 am Reply with quote
It's a Wonderful Trailer again. ASCA delivers another good song. With this series, they had to get the music right. Now hopefully they can use the games music as insert songs during an important scene. That'd be cool.
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 am Reply with quote
Keen Fox wrote:
Speak for yourself. I have been following him for years, and love his art. There is nothing quite like it. He is also very professional, and super nice with his fans.
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Dr.N0 wrote:
Keen Fox wrote:
Speak for yourself. I have been following him for years, and love his art. There is nothing quite like it. He is also very professional, and super nice with his fans.

What about plagiarism in his works?
He also admitted it himself that he ain't that good.
He is a pretty average and mediocre artist and better ones deserve to be involved in these projects.
He should stay on his Patreon. That is enough for him for the moment till he gets any better.
Because all this time I have been watching him, he stayed the same.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Nanashi95 wrote:
The soundtrack of the anime is something that really concerns me. The music in the game was one of my alltime favorite soundtracks and I listen to some of the songs almost daily. If they change the music too much, that would be something that would really ruin the anime for me.
Personally I was agreeing with u until I saw and heard this trailer. Yes so far it doesn't have the game's music but is instead using its own music but its still official TWEWY music and even the game and its FR ver which had more songs had songs I really didn't care for. This trailer has music that not only sounds close to TWEWY music, but decent to really good m,usic too and I can tell when tis paired with the right scenes for the various music i was hearing in the trailer that it'll work well.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is, its still TWEWY music and at least this one sounds closer to it than the others have thus far and its not that they're changing the music, its that they're creating new music and using that so far instead of the game's music. I'd love to hear some music from the game ofc, but I wonder if part of the reason why has to do with the pacing of the anime, maybe even licensing for why we rn't getting that so far? Either way, one thigns for sure, the animation of this is GORGEOUS! Who knew the game's art could translate so well in anime form!
Terry Lang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I played the game but was not interested in the Anime till now. This trailer is amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1